This successful College is looking to appoint a Teacher of English, on a temporary basis until the end of May 2020 in the first instance. The role will commence on 1st February 2020.
The successful applicant will, in the first instance, be expected to deliver the following courses: A Level English Literature, GCSE resits. They will also be required to take responsibility for a tutor group.
English is taught in the Marylands building which has extensive IT facilities, a resource base and a staff workroom. The Faculty team are committed to providing a high quality educational experience for all students and actively encourage widening participation.
All members of staff are expected to contribute to the preparation of teaching and learning resources which are required to be interactive and differentiated.
It is also expected that the successful applicant will be able to work well with the other members of an established Faculty team and will make an active contribution to the Faculty’s quality systems and to the continuous improvement in teaching and learning that is central to the Faculty’s shared objectives.
The successful candidate will be joining an experienced department and would ideally offer the following attributes:
• A good honours degree in English (or a closely related subject)
• Qualified teacher status
• Recent experience of A level teaching in English
• A dynamic and innovative approach to teaching and learning
• The ability to meet the individual learning needs of 16 -19 year olds
• A commitment to quality assurance
• IT literacy and an ability to contribute to departmental Intranet areas.
In addition, the successful candidate will be expected to:
• Support effective safeguarding of all young people throughout the College
• Attend meetings as required
• Adhere to College Policies and Procedures – For example those relating to Safeguarding: Equality and Diversity; Health and Safety
• Undertake any other duties of a reasonable nature as requested by the Principal or designated line manager.
In short, we are looking to appoint someone who will make a strong contribution to an innovative, vibrant and highly successful Faculty of Languages.
Please note if you haven't heard from us after two weeks of the role closing you can assume you were unsuccessful on this occasion.