Since its opening in 2003 as the second 11-19 school in the, now six-strong, Emmanuel Schools Foundation, The King’s Academy has made exceptional provision for students in Coulby Newham and the surrounding areas of south Middlesbrough. The vision of the Emmanuel Schools Foundation is to provide excellence in academic achievement for students of all abilities within a biblical Christian framework that allows for personal, spiritual, moral and social development. Provision is fully inclusive with a highly diverse intake, valuing all students and staff equally.
We require an enthusiastic graduate qualified to teach English at KS3 and KS4, preferably with the potential and ability to also teach at A level (Language and/or Literature).
If you believe you have the vision and commitment to work in an Academy which seeks to raise achievement, setting consistently high standards for yourself and for your students, please do contact us.
Closing date: 9am on Monday, 25 November 2019.
Interview date: w/c Monday, 25 November 2019.
The King’s Academy, Middlesbrough (by North York Moors National Park, and commutable from York, Newcastle, Durham, Ripon, Richmond, Thirsk)
- Distinct Christian ethos, with highly diverse intake
- Strong track record of students’ achievement
- Excellent student behaviour throughout the Academy
- Focus on ‘character first’ education
- Large and expanding Sixth Form
- Unique inclusion policy: specialist provision for visual and hearing impairment
- Superb opportunities for CPD and rapid career progression
The King’s Academy takes its responsibility for safeguarding children very seriously and successful applications will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS, along with standard pre-employment safeguarding checks.