• Excellent staff development opportunities
• Additional TLR allowance for suitably experienced applicants
• Recruitment & Retention allowance
• Relocation expenses
English is a very popular and high achieving subject in our school at all key stages. At GCSE, the AQA specification is taught and student outcomes is amongst the best in the school and the country. At A level, English literature is a very popular subject choice and the OCR specification is taught. Outcomes are also very strong in the top 10% in the country and many students yearly progress to the top Russell Group Universities, including Oxbridge to study English literature.
Students enjoy participating in a range of extra-curricular opportunities outside of the classroom. In the younger years students attend debating, drama and film clubs as well as a wide range of curriculum based trips. Our older students complete research projects and regularly attend lectures and seminars at various universities.
The school, described by OFSTED as ‘outstanding’ in 2012 and 2018 is massively oversubscribed and consistently achieves outstanding outcomes at GCSE and A level. Brampton Manor Academy provides a friendly working environment and offers established programmes of teacher induction and continuing professional development.
We wish to employ a Teacher of English who is:
• A subject specialist with an ability and willingness to teach across all of the Key Stages
• Passionate about the subject and has excellent subject knowledge to challenge and enthuse our highly able and ambitious students
• ICT literate and able to contribute to the further development of ICT for both teaching and learning.
• A confident and highly effective classroom teacher, sensitive to pupils’ needs and with high expectations of what can be achieved.
• A team player who is capable of working closely with the rest of the department.
This position, which has arisen due to the ongoing growth in pupil numbers at the school would suit an NQT or a more experienced colleague looking to broaden his/her experience in a high achieving inner city school.
Please visit our website www.bramptonmanor.org to apply and obtain further details about this role.
All completed application forms should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Brampton Manor Trust is an equal opportunities employer. We are fully committed to the safeguarding of children. Enhanced DBS, Barred List and Prohibition checks will always be carried out on new employees.
Interviews will take place on a rolling basis, as applications are received