Teacher of English (possibility for whole school responsibility for the right candidate)
Start Date: September 2019
Location: Kettering, Northamptonshire
Benefits: Daily allowance for breakfast and lunch
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and motivated Teacher of English to join an innovative and creative English department from September 2019. The role would be suitable for either an experienced member of staff or an NQT, and experience or the desire to teach A Level would be advantageous.
The English department is a supportive department and the team works collaboratively together to achieve the best results for students. The successful candidate will need to demonstrate that they can be an effective team member and contribute to the continued growth and success of the department, inspiring and engaging students in their learning of English.
The successful candidate will:
• Be a highly motivated and enthusiastic teacher with the desire to inspire and motivate students to achieve and succeed in English
• Have experience teaching Key Stage 3 and be able to demonstrate experience teaching at Key Stage 4
• Experience teaching at Key Stage 5 would be advantageous but not essential
• Be willing to go above and beyond what is expected, encouraging students to achieve as highly as possible
• Possess a tenacious ambition for their students, seeking to give them exciting and engaging opportunities for learning
What we can offer you:
• Daily allowance for breakfast and lunch
• A modern building with fantastic facilities and resources
• A supportive and friendly community of staff and students
• A full induction programme
• Access to BWT Teaching School Alliance training programmes
About Kettering Science Academy:
Kettering Science Academy is on a journey towards ‘outstanding’. We have made rapid improvements and we are now relentlessly focussed on providing stimulating learning experience for all our students. We actively encourage students to participate in all areas of academy life, motivating and inspiring them to unlock their potential and realise their ambitions. We believe education is about more than achieving success in exams; it is about preparing students for the challenges and demands of life beyond education. Staff have an uncompromising commitment to this and work closely with one another to support and develop students as well as each other.
We are a thriving community of equals dedicated to creating a great place to work and learn; students and staff are happy and proud to be part of Kettering Science Academy. We are very confident that this will be Kettering Science Academy’s best year yet and we would like to offer you the opportunity to jump aboard and join us for this journey!
If you think you can contribute to our organisation we welcome your application. Applicants are required to complete an application form as CVs will not be accepted.
For further information about how to apply, to arrange a visit or an informal discussion about this role please contact Celina Dilger, HR Administrator, on the below details:
T: 01536 532700
W: Brooke Weston Trust Careers
Closing date: Monday 20th May 2019
Please be aware that if you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date your application has, on this occasion, been unsuccessful.
Care and respect for others are the values that lie at the heart of our Trust. The Trust is an Equal Opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people. It expects all staff to share this commitment. All posts working with children and young people will be subject to an enhanced disclosures barring service check.