- Do you want to work in a school that is undergoing rapid cultural and transformational change?
- Do you want to work in a school where we value the teacher as the expert?
- Do you want to work in a school that has a very clear and systematic approach to addressing student behaviour?
- Do you want to work in a school that takes workload seriously, has a rational approach to marking and restricts email use at weekends and during holidays?
- Do you want to work in a school that values its staff and has a strong approach to CPD?
- Do you want to work in a school that prioritises a ‘Knowledge Rich’ curricular approach?
- Do you have a forensic eye for data?
If your answer to the above questions is a yes then please carry on reading this advert.
The Duston School is looking to appoint a dynamic and inspiring Teacher of English to strengthen the English department. This role offers an excellent opportunity for an imaginative, creative and inspiring leader to work in a supportive and energetic school where students are making significant and sustained progress.
Applicants should show enthusiasm towards joining our dynamic, committed and supportive team. We welcome applications from qualified teachers, who can demonstrate the highest standards of delivery in order to raise attainment and are committed to motivating young people. We welcome applications from NQTs as well as experienced applicants.
The Duston School is built upon three core values, Resilience, Respect and Aspiration. We expect all of our students to exhibit and display these core traits in their daily life at The Duston School, within the wider community and as they move into the next phase of their life once they leave our educational setting.The Duston School community was canvassed to help create a new school mantra, ‘Knowledge itself is power’. This echoes the words of Kofi Annan, “Knowledge is power. Information is liberating. Education is the premise of progress, in every society, in every family.” Knowledge provides us with the power to help others, in a variety of ways. It is also something that is good for our own self esteem. Please refer to document 'Ethos and Values' for further detail.
We recognise that high quality CPD is vital for the future of any school, and that CPD should be reflective in nature and help people to improve their knowledge, understanding and skills. To this end, there are a comprehensive range of CPD opportunities on offer at The Duston School. Each member of staff has a bespoke CPD pathway to follow each academic year, based on career stage expectations.
The school offers competitive working conditions and packages, including:
- Westfield Healthcare Plan.
- A laptop.
- Free on-site parking.
- A sensible approach to marking.
- Two faculty away days per year for departmental planning.
- A school meeting calendar that privies year team and faculty meeting time.
- A strong school culture.
- A centralised approach to student care and detentions.
- A knowledge rich curriculum.
- A sensible approach to emails, with no work emails sent at weekends and during the Christmas, Easter and Summer breaks.
- A strong stance on staff CPD, with a real focus on staff subject knowledge.
The Duston School is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check will be required for the post. We reserve the right to close this vacancy should we receive an overwhelming response.