We are seeking to appoint an inspirational Teacher of English with a passion for accelerating progress within our key department.
Candidates must be able to teach across the ability and age range, supporting the development of English to the highest standards for all pupils at Key Stages 3/4 and 5
Career development recruitment incentives:
- TLRs are available for suitable candidates
- Access and support to follow middle leadership programmes from the outset e.g. NPQML, Teaching Leader
- Candidates should be looking at this post as a 3 year career pathway rather than just a Teacher of English post
- We advise you to come in and speak with the Principal to discuss the above and shape the next 3 years of your career, thus this post is suitable for both NQTs and experienced teachers.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be an excellent English Teacher;
- Bring an unwavering commitment to promoting the highest standards of teaching and learning across the department and the Academy
- Have a relentless obsession about developing their own standards of teaching and learning to enable them to deliver excellent student outcomes
- Be a committed team player;
- Have the ability to engage and inspire pupils and build excellent relationships;
- Be committed to Felixstowe Academy ethos of happy, confident and successful students who are independent and resilient.
- Be passionate and ambitious about their career development.
Felixstowe Academy is situated on the beautiful Suffolk coast; a fantastic place to live and work, a reasonable travelling distance from London, Cambridge and Norwich. We are an inclusive 11-18 Academy and part of Academies Enterprise Trust (AET). We have a new state of the art building equipped with a ‘super-lab’, a number of multi-purpose learning spaces, performance spaces which are set in large grounds on the edge of Felixstowe.
Technology is at the cutting edge of developments, with access to iPads for staff as well as Chromebooks for students. Achievement and participation in Sports and Arts are very high with students succeeding at local, county and national level. In addition, we can offer you a welcoming environment with supportive colleagues, and a strong focus on staff induction, training and development.
For more information or to arrange a visit please contact Julie Cumberland (Principal's PA) at email@example.com or phone 01394 288228
This position is required to commence in January 2018 or earlier if possible.
Closing date: Sunday 1 October. Interviews are scheduled to take place shortly after the closing date.
As the sponsor, AET believes that all young people deserve to become world-class learners – to learn, enjoy, succeed and thrive in a first rate educational environment with the best facilities, the best teaching and the most up-to-date resources available to them. In each of our academies, you will benefit from visionary, inspirational and dynamic leadership and be empowered to develop your own skills with access to world-class CPD and Talent Management programmes. You will also be entitled to the following benefits: a health cash plan, vehicle affinity scheme, childcare vouchers and Westfield rewards.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV's. For further information on this position and to make an application please click apply on the TES advert
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.