Teacher of English - NQT or experienced Teacher
Start Date: September 2018
Contract Type: Full Time and Permanent
Salary: Main Pay Spine or Upper
An exciting opportunity has arisen for the post of a Teacher of English at The Oxford Academy. A Good school with Outstanding Leadership Management and Professional Development following our Ofsted inspection in 2016 and ranked in the top 0.2% of schools nationally and where behaviour in and around the school is exemplary.
All levels of experience considered.
The successful candidate will be an innovative, inspiring English Teacher who will work within an energetic and friendly department and will enjoy working with highly motivated and intellectually curious students at all levels.
The English department is dedicated and supportive, with a strong team focused on developing teaching and learning. The successful candidate will need to be enthusiastic about challenge and committed to change, a reflective practitioner who is interested in developing their career as part of a dynamic and supportive team. The department motivates students through an innovative curriculum where every student is encouraged to achieve. English classrooms are well resourced and offer a stimulating environment and fosters a culture of mutual respect for successful learning.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Strong subject knowledge in English;
• Have excellent communication skills and the ability to promote high quality teaching & learning;
• Have the ability to support, challenge and inspire our students, encouraging them to achieve the best they can through the promotion of outstanding teaching & learning;
• Have the ability to be a team player who is prepared to go the extra mile to support students and who will enjoy the challenges of these roles;
• Have the ability to embrace and contribute to the vision and direction of the department as we strive for further success together;
• Have the ability to play a full role in maintaining and enhancing the current high standards in the department, modeling positive learning behavior, having high expectations of the students in all aspects of their learning.
Application packs are available on the Oxford Academy website at: theoxfordacademy.org.uk
If you have, any queries about the application process or would like further information or to arrange a visit to the Academy, please contact Ann O’Reilly, HR Manager: email@example.com
Closing Date for applications is: Midday Friday 22 June 2018, however applications will be considered on receipt
We regret that if you do not receive any correspondence by Friday 29 June 2018 please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion.
The Oxford Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate right to work and DBS checks.