Wood Green School is looking to recruit an excellent teacher for September to join our successful English Department. Wood Green is an oversubscribed 11-18 Academy school in the thriving town of Witney, 10 miles west of Oxford. Our strong reputation and results improving year-on-year have led to a rapid rise in student applications. We believe strongly in a culture of mutual respect and strong relationships, and everything is underpinned by our LEARNWell values.
NB The school is also looking to recruit the following whole-school TLRs: Head of Year post; Strategic Lead of Careers Education. We would be equally interested in candidates for the post of teacher of English and candidates who would like to combine teaching English with one of these TLR roles (please see separate adverts).
The right candidate – Teacher of English
Applications are welcome for the position of an enthusiastic and talented teacher of English to join our successful, forward looking department. This is a permanent full-time post from September 2019.
• You will be a talented teacher with a passion for English
• You will show the ability to inspire students of all ages and abilities
• You will have high expectations of yourself and students and be committed to your professional development
• You will be committed to playing a full role in the development of the English Department and the wider school
Wood Green can offer:
• An English Department that achieves good outcomes and has a drive to improve from year 7 through to A level
• Students who thrive on good relationships with staff and who enjoy English
• Development opportunities for staff, collaborating with teachers within school, across the West Oxfordshire Learning Partnership and as part of the Acer Multi-Academy Trust.
• A school committed to enabling every student to achieve the very best they can with supportive
colleagues and a constant focus on enhancing teaching and learning
To apply for the post of Teacher of English, please complete:
1. A letter that:
• includes your reasons for applying for this post,
• Sets out your approach to excellent English teaching
2. An Acer Trust application form. You may use the section ‘ Relevant Experience’ to share any additional information relevant experience and success
If you wish to apply for this post with one of our TLR positions, please follow the application process for the TLR post only.
This appointment is a significant one for the school. If you would like to discuss the post before applying, please email the Headteacher, Rob Shadbolt email@example.com
Closing date: 24th April 2019 (12 noon)
Wood Green School and the Acer Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and preventing extremism; all staff must ensure that the highest priority is given to following the guidance and regulations to safeguard children and young people. The successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and obtain any other statutorily required clearance. Employment will also be conditional on the receipt of at least two acceptable references (one from current/last employer) and evidence of the formal qualifications required for the role. Wood Green School is an equal opportunities employer.