Teacher of English
MPS or UPS (plus Banbury Aspirations Campus retention package)
Our English team is almost complete and we won’t stop looking until we have the right person.
We have been building our high quality team for the last two years and need one more creative and student-centred colleague as the final piece in the jigsaw.
Our mission is simple – to prepare all of our students for a successful life ahead
Our ethos is clear – we are an inclusive community which everyone can play an active part in
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious practitioner, who wants to make a real impact on further driving up standards. There are always opportunities on the campus for progression for talented colleagues.
We have very high expectations of all of our staff, but we value everyone highly, and treat work load very seriously. Our systems ensure you can really focus on your core purpose – teaching, in a sustainable way.
What we can offer you:
- Support and line management from a highly effective team of English teachers
- A professional progression model for someone interested in forging their career in teaching
- Great students who you can make a massive difference to
- Clear behaviour systems
- Centralised homework detentions (you do not need to organise/run/chase them at all)
- A feedback policy focused on closing the gap– we do not have onerous/impossible marking policies
- A centralised homework system at KS3 – you do not need to check/mark KS3 homework
- No formal graded lesson observations – just ongoing ‘no-stakes’ feedback, helping you to continuously develop – we believe that trusting our staff with autonomy helps to develop a strong staff culture
- Collaborative planning with centralised, shared units of work and resources
- CPD that starts as soon as you are appointed with a clear induction programme
- A beautiful campus situated on the very edge of the Cotswolds, only half an hour from Oxford and an hour from London by train
The successful candidate will be:
- an excellent teacher of English who has a passion for the subject
- someone who goes above and beyond to ensure that the life chances and ‘cultural capital’ of all our pupils are maximised
- totally aligned to our ethos and mission. If you are the type of person who fits with our culture, you will love working here
We actively welcome visits and would be delighted to show you around our Academy.
To apply, please click on the “quick apply” button to submit an online application.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 01295 251451 to arrange a visit or an informal, confidential discussion about the role.
Closing date for applications: 9 a.m. Monday 20th May 2019.
Interviews will take place during w/b 20th May 2019
Learn more about Banbury Aspirations Campus at: https://wykhampark-aspirations.org/ and http://www.spacestudiobanbury.org/
Both Wykham Park Academy and Space Studio Banbury are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check before taking up the post.