APPOINTMENT OF ENGLISH TEACHER (PART-TIME)
COMMENCEMENT: JANUARY 2020
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join Elutec UTC as a part-time English teacher. Successful applicants will be enthusiastic team players. There will be opportunities for career development within the department.
Elutec is a key stage 4 and 5 specialist provision primarily focusing on the delivery of a STEM curriculum. Digital Media has recently been added to the curriculum offer.
Elutec is housed in an impressive new building in Barking and Dagenham, surrounded by a Business and Science Park which is soon to be joined by an exciting new film studio complex. The school has excellent transport links, with Dagenham East tube station a short walk away.
The school’s exceptional sponsors include Ford Motor Company, one of the world's foremost design, engineering and manufacturing enterprises and the Faculty of Engineering at University College London (UCL), ranked as one of the top 20 “super-elite” universities in the world (especially in Elutec's specialist areas of manufacturing and engineering).
Teacher of GCSE and A Level English. Applicants must be subject specialists.
Key Role Descriptors for this Post:
• To ensure that the vision and values of Elutec as a UTC are evident in all aspects of the post
• To have overall accountability for the standards attained by all students within assigned classes
• To monitor standards of attainment, progress and attendance across classes - targeting key groups to develop strategies and intervention that supports rapid progress.
• To ensure the development of effective Teaching and Learning that maximizes individual progress, with particular emphasis on Assessment for Learning, Literacy, Personal Development
• To be accountable for the monitoring, quality assurance, assessing and reporting of progress across classes
• To have a teaching load commensurate with this level of responsibility
• A proven track record of success delivering KS4 English.
• Successful experience of achieving high standards and raising standards with pupils of all abilities
• A passion to help young people become happy, productive, self-confident adults.
• A sense of fun, humanity and collegiality
• Resilience and the ability to work well under pressure.
• The ability to prioritise and to manage one’s own work and that of others.
• Ability to work as part of a team
How to apply:
Please return your completed application form by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Noon, Sunday 8th December 2019
Interview date: to be confirmed
CVs will not be accepted
Confirmation of appointment is conditional upon a satisfactory enhanced DBS check and occupational health check.
Confirmation of appointment is also subject to the receipt of two satisfactory references.
Inner London Main Scale (depending on skills and experience) pro-rata.
For a candidate with the potential for further leadership, the salary will reflect the additional responsibility.
Commencement: January 2020
Visits and informal discussions:
If you would like to arrange a visit and/or have an informal discussion about the post, in the first instance please contact Gillian Howard, HR Manager: email@example.com