Teacher of English
(MPS/UPS or Leadership Scale for Lead Practitioner or Specialist Leader of Education)
Full-time and Part Time - January 2020
Salary: Highly Competitive
At Magna Academy we are wholly ambitious for every child to have an education that will give them an enriching and fulfilling life. Our Academy is a vibrant and exciting place to work and was graded as outstanding in all areas by Ofsted in June 2015 and December 2018. In 2018, Magna achieved a Progress 8 score of 1.15, placing us 24th nationally (top 1%) and has achieved excellent results again in 2019. We value our staff highly, and treat work load very seriously. Our systems ensure teachers can really focus on the core purpose – teaching in a sustainable way.
What we offer:
- Collaborative planning with centralised, shared units of work and resources
- CPD starts as soon as you are appointed
- A feedback policy focused on whole class feedback
- A centralised homework system at KS3 – you do not need to check/mark KS3 homework
- Opportunity to teach at KS3, KS4 and potentially KS5
- Excellent ongoing CPD, career development and promotion opportunities
- A professional progression model to enable great teachers to remain in the classroom via our Lead Practitioner (LP) and Specialist Leaders of Education (SLE) routes
- State of the art facilities and a very pleasant location in beautiful Dorset
The successful candidate will be an excellent teacher of English who has a passionate belief in the ability for all to succeed. They will be a conscientious and enthusiastic team player who will be joining a vibrant department.
It is an excellent opportunity for an NQT or ambitious practitioner wishing to further develop their career. As a Teaching School you would also have the opportunity to become a Specialist Leader of Education.
We actively welcome visits and would be delighted to show you around our Academy to fully appreciate our excellent learning environment.
How to Apply:
Please click on the “quick apply” button to submit an online application.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 01202 604222 to arrange a visit or an informal, confidential discussion about the role.
Closing date for applications: 4pm Tuesday 15 October 2019
Interviews: Week Beginning 21 October 2019
Learn more about Magna Academy at: www.magna-aspirations.org
Magna Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check before taking up the post.