Woodbridge High School is a successful school situated in the heart of Woodford Green, North East London. It is fully comprehensive with an ethnically and socially diverse intake. The school has a strong and distinctive ethos of ‘Pride in Achievement’ and enjoys an excellent reputation within the local community. The outstanding 6th form achieves impressive results year after year. We are currently looking for a Teacher of English to join our team.
The English department offers:
- A very successful and well-resourced department with IWBs and five PCs in every teaching room.
- Good results at GCSE, AS and A Level
- The opportunity to be a creative practitioner of English
- A supportive and expanding department
- A comprehensive NQT programme if required
- An inspirational Head of Department who will work with you as you become an outstanding teacher
The successful applicant will:
- Have a strong belief in comprehensive education
- Have the ability to deliver excellent student outcomes
- Be an innovative and inspirational teacher
- Be committed to their personal and professional development
- Make a positive contribution to the school’s distinctive ethos
- Have the experience of teaching a full age and ability range.
Woodbridge High School offers you:
- The opportunity to work in a highly regarded school
- A welcoming and friendly staff body
- Motivated, well-behaved and friendly students
- Opportunities for rapid career development and promotion
- Access to state of the art sports and leisure facilities
- Tailored professional development and training
- A comprehensive staff wellbeing package
Woodbridge has recently expanded to ten forms of entry in each year group which has brought about many benefits and opportunities:
- An £11m building programme has delivered brand new facilities which are enjoyed by all students and staff.
- A broad, innovative and varied curriculum.
- Smaller class sizes in some subjects.
- Increased potential for career development and promotion.
Woodbridge High School is committed to working with local schools and leads on many aspects of school improvement and inter-school development. We would like you to consider being part of our team at this exciting time in our development.
The school is committed to promoting and safe-guarding the welfare of children. All candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, satisfactory references and overseas checks where necessary.
Further details about the school, about the post and an application form are available from the school either by phoning 020 8504 9618, or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or they can be downloaded from the website www.woodbridgehigh.co.uk
Closing date: Friday, 23rd March 2018 at 9.00 am
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within a week of the closing date. Please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion if you have not heard within that time frame.