If you share our values, join our family.
Due to a rapid increase in numbers, following our Outstanding Ofsted Report in January, Outwood Academy Bydales seeks applications from applicants with integrity, imagination and energy for this rewarding role.
This is an opportunity to join our successful and supportive English Department, which is responsible for raising GCSE A*-C from 63% in 2014 to 90% in 2018. The department of seven is committed to driving progress and attainment to improve the life chances of every student. We need an excellent teacher who is passionate about providing young people with the best possible education whatever their background or ability.
Set in the beautiful coastal village of Marske-by-the-Sea, close to the North Yorks Moors National Park, Outwood Academy Bydales is a medium-sized school with a strong record of success. Our hard-working community is welcoming & friendly; students and staff make excellent progress together, here on the beautiful North Yorkshire coast.
We are extremely proud of our tradition of serving the families of the community of Marske and surrounding areas. The academy has been part of Outwood Grange Academies Trust, nationally recognised as a high performing academy chain, since September 2014.
In 2012, we were judged Outstanding by Ofsted; by 2015, we had exceeded our previous performance by 13%. In January 2016, we were named as the highest performing school in the five Tees Valley authorities and among the top 5% nationally, and our results climbed again in the summer examinations.
Our January 2018 Ofsted report noted:
- ‘Since the school opened in February 2015, the progress made by pupils has steadily improved. Pupils make outstanding progress in a wide range of subjects.’
- ‘Leaders are ambitious and share a common vision. They have high expectations of each other, staff and pupils.’
- ‘Pupils’ behaviour is exemplary. They are polite, well-mannered and mature.’
- ‘Every pupil observed by inspectors during this inspection had a positive attitude to their learning.’
- ‘Leaders, from within the school and multi-academy trust, provide a varied training programme for staff. Induction arrangements are well developed. They ensure that new and more experienced teachers adopt a tried and tested approach to classroom management and lesson delivery.’
As part of the Outwood family, you’ll have the opportunity, should you choose, to work and progress across the Family of Schools, as well as enjoying a full and detailed programme of support and development for NQTs and a comprehensive programme of professional development is provided through the Outwood Institute of Education.
If you’d like to arrange a visit and tour of the academy before deciding whether to apply, please contact Lynne Conroy, Head of Department: firstname.lastname@example.org or Andrew Wappat, Principal: email@example.com
To apply, please visit: www.outwood.com > Vacancies. Alternatively, contact HR by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 21 May 2018.
Outwood Grange Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All appointments will be subject to a satisfactory DBS check.