Due to a rapid increase in numbers, following our January OUTSTANDING Ofsted Report, Outwood Academy Bydales seeks applications from applicants with integrity, imagination and energy for this rewarding role.
At GCSE, we teach WJEC specifications in English Language and English Literature and we have developed a focused curriculum from Year 7 to Year 11, which prepares students well for the rigors of their GCSE courses and beyond.
Our January 2018 Ofsted report noted:
- ‘Since the school opened in February 2015, the progress made by pupils has steadily improved. Pupils make outstanding progress in a wide range of subjects.’
- ‘Leaders are ambitious and share a common vision. They have high expectations of each other, staff and pupils.’
- ‘Pupils’ behaviour is exemplary. They are polite, well-mannered and mature.’
- ‘Every pupil observed by inspectors during this inspection had a positive attitude to their learning.’
- ‘Leaders, from within the school and multi-academy trust, provide a varied training programme for staff. Induction arrangements are well developed. They ensure that new and more experienced teachers adopt a tried and tested approach to classroom management and lesson delivery.’
Outwood Academy Bydales is an 11-16 school located in the beautiful coastal village of Marske-by-the-Sea, close to the North York Moors National Park. We are extremely proud of our tradition of serving the families of the community of Marske and surrounding areas. The academy has been part of Outwood Grange Academies Trust, nationally recognised as a high performing academy chain, since September 2014.
This is an opportunity to join our successful and supportive English Department, which is responsible for raising GCSE A*-C from 63% in 2014 to 90% in 2018. The department of seven is committed to driving progress and attainment to improve the life chances of every student. We need an excellent teacher who is passionate about providing young people with the best possible education whatever their background or ability. If you care about the success of all students, and have the energy to make that success a reality, we would welcome your application
The Outwood Grange Family of Schools offers:
- The opportunity, should you choose, to work and progress across the Family of Schools.
- A full and detailed programme of support and development for NQTs and a comprehensive programme of professional development is provided through the Outwood Institute of Education.
We would welcome prospective applicants to arrange a visit and tour of the academy before deciding whether to apply. Please contact Lynne Conroy, Head of Department – firstname.lastname@example.org or Andrew Wappat, Principal – email@example.com
Application forms can be downloaded from www.bydales.outwood.com. Further details of the post can be obtained via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Midday on Monday, 18 June 2018.
Outwood Grange Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All appointments will be subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure.