The English department is highly successful and our 2018 GCSE results in English Language were 80% 4+ and in English Literature they were 78% 4+. Our aim is to ensure every girl reaches her full potential. We are looking for a committed and enthusiastic colleague who can demonstrate their ability as an excellent classroom practitioner. Applications from newly qualified teachers or experienced practitioners welcome.
We require an English Specialist with particular responsibility for KS3 who:
• has the ability to work as a part of a team in a lively large department
• can teach high quality lessons at KS3 and KS4
• can recognise and nurture the potential of all pupils
• is able to use ICT to enthuse and engage
• is committed to enrichment/extra-curricular activities
As KS3 Coordinator, the post holder will be responsible for:
• Coordinating SOW and key assessment points
• Overseeing set changes
• Planning and organise moderation points
• Managing Performance Review of two team members
• Tracking performance and overseeing provision for PP students within the Key Stage
• Monitoring setting of HW within the Key Stage
• Cover coordinator for Key Stage
• Attending half-termly trio meetings
• Coordinating FROG entry and use of FROG as a teaching tool
• Developing KPIs/embedding mastery
• Reviewing curriculum regularly
• Managing KS3 resource management
• Coordinating KS3 tracking sheets
• Coordinating development of KS3 units
We are a school where teachers want to teach and pupils want to learn. We would offer the successful applicant:
• a superb staff induction programme with excellent professional support for NQTs
• modern ICT facilities and resources in the English department
• an enjoyable, stimulating and supportive environment
The post is subject to DBS clearance and Davison actively promotes the welfare and safety of children. We have an on-site day nursery which provides term time child care at competitive rates.
For further details and an application form, please see the school website; www.davison.w-sussex.sch.uk. Applications to Mr Chris Keating, Headteacher, Davison CE High School, Selborne Road, Worthing, West Sussex, BN11 2JX. Tel: 01903 233835 e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
The post is open to applications until Tuesday 21st May 2019 at 9.00 am. However, the school reserves the right to appoint at any time during the recruitment process.
Interviews will be held Wednesday 22nd May 2019.