TEACHER OF ENGLISH
Full Time - Permanent
MPR incl. Outer London Weighting. Salary may be negotiable for an exceptional candidate Required for September 2019
The Frances Bardsley Academy is a thriving, oversubscribed and highly successful, comprehensive school for girls aged 11 – 18 in market town of Romford. We were again judged as good by OFSTED in 2016 and are part of the LIFE Education Trust.
LIFE is a Multi-Academy Trust, which believes that Learning Is For Everyone.
All those in our community are asked to consider our three principles: Learning from the past, Living in the present and Looking to the future. Each principle is important and is a part of every school in our Trust. Our schools retain their own values, traditions and distinctiveness but have also chosen to become part of something bigger and extremely exciting.
We believe in helping staff and students achieve their personal best and are keen to recruit the very best talent for our Trust. If you share our passion for challenging, improving and making our schools the best, we’d love to hear from you.
Owing to the continuing development of the school, we seek to appoint a passionate, qualified and outstanding teacher of English, to join our school, where your passion and ideas will be welcomed enthusiastically. The students are a joy to teach and you will be part of a positive environment, with inspiring and supportive colleagues who strive for excellence. If this describes you, we would love to hear from you.
What we can offer
• Students who are enthusiastic and keen to progress
• Excellent professional development and career opportunities
• The chance to work in a fantastic school community set in beautiful grounds
• A well experienced, qualified and forward thinking staff
• Opportunities for professional development.
• A friendly and experienced department, with an excellent track record of results- nearly 90% of students achieved a Grade 4 or above in both Language and Literature.
What you can offer
• Enthusiasm and passion for English
• Commitment to raising standards across all key stages
• Ability to deliver high quality, innovative and exciting lessons
• Ability to plan effectively for high quality teaching, learning and assessment
• Ability to motivate and inspire both students and teachers
• Organisation and efficiency
• A sense of humour
Please submit a copy of the school’s application form, which can be found on our website, together with a letter of application and supporting paperwork, to Julian Dutnall, Headteacher by 9am Friday 14th January 2019. Interviews will be held w/c Monday 21st January 2019.
The School reserves the right to interview prior to the deadline date. To find out why we are so proud of Frances Bardsley Academy, visit our website: http://www.fbaok.co.uk/or check us out on Twitter.
The Frances Bardsley Academy is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the DBS.