Teacher of English
Permanent, Full Time
Suitable for NQT
- Have a passion for teaching and wish to deliver world-class learning for everyone?
- Want to join a forward thinking, highly supportive and progressive English department on the next step of the journey to excellence?
- Wish to be part of a Learning Trust that recognises talent and invests in potential through excellent professional development and progression opportunities irrespective of career stage?
If so, Maltby Academy is the place to continue the next stage of your career.
The Maltby Learning Trust, consisting of primary and secondary Academies, is a vibrant and inspiring place to work and learn, striving to secure excellence in all aspects of its work.
We are seeking to appoint a highly qualified, ambitious and talented teacher to contribute to the English department’s improvement journey. A passion for English and a strong commitment to developing young people to achieve their potential is essential. We would also welcome applications from Newly Qualified Teachers who meet the ‘Essential’ criteria set out in the Person Specification.
Our successful candidate will be:
- An exceptional classroom practitioner who expects and creates excellence.
- Able to inspire and enthuse students so that they invest in their learning in English.
- Committed to raising standards for all.
- Able to adapt to changing circumstances and embrace new ideas.
In return we will offer:
- Modern, purpose-built learning spaces, which inspire outstanding teaching and learning
- Excellent career development opportunities and access to a comprehensive programme of Personalised Professional Learning and Development.
- An outstanding induction programme with supportive and dynamic staff.
This post involves working with children and therefore if successful you will be required to apply for a disclosure of criminal records check at an enhanced level. Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
How do I apply?
Informal discussions about the role and a visit to the Academy are warmly welcomed. Please contact Mrs Victoria Owen on email@example.com to make an appointment .
An Application Form, Role Description and Person Specification can be found on the Academy website or by calling the number below.
Completed applications including a covering letter detailing how your skills and experience to date will prepare you for this role should be addressed to Richard Wood, Principal, and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or to the address below.
Please note that applications must be submitted on the MLT Application Form from the Academy website.
Braithwell Road, Maltby, Rotherham, S66 8AB
Closing Date: Wednesday 16th October 2019 at 9.00am
Interviews: Week Commencing Monday 21st October 2019
Committed to Safeguarding & Promoting the Welfare of Children. An Equal Opportunities Employer