English is a highly valued subject at the College with the experienced team supporting students to achieve consistently high progress scores and developing a love of the subject. Students in Years 7 and 8 follow the Accelerated Reader programme alongside their English lessons, taking advantage of a well-resourced library and librarian. Alongside high standards of academic progress, the team have a strong commitment to providing extracurricular opportunities for students. In previous years, English students attended a range of activities including participating in RSC Live productions, attending trips to the Battle of Bosworth, Victorian workhouses and a visit to the house of local poet John Clare. English staff supported broader events at the College such as the musical Sister Act and the Oundle Music Festival.
Applications are welcomed from either ECTs, who will be well supported by experienced mentors, or from more experienced candidates where there are exceptional opportunities for further professional development and promotion. We offer candidates the opportunity to teach A level English through our partner school Harington. The appointed candidate will be joining a strong and supportive team of specialist teachers who take pride in achieving the best outcomes for all students.
There are outstanding facilities throughout, such as a well-stocked library offering excellent teaching resources, and access to numerous iPads, laptops and computers. Catmose College and Harington School are part of the Rutland and District Schools’ Federation, both of which have been graded outstanding by Ofsted.
Teachers are able to enjoy many additional benefits that come as part of working within the Federation. These include, amongst others:
- Teachers at top of scale may receive up to a 2% pay award annually for good performance.
- Relocation support for hard-to-recruit subjects.
- Vast range of staff training including a funded Master’s scheme.
- Primary, secondary and sixth-form teaching opportunities.
- Staff laptops.
- Priority admission for children of staff to the College and Primary.
- Flexible working; part-time and a job share considered.
- A broad range of opportunities to engage in extracurricular trips and activities.
- A subsidised restaurant, refectory and orangery.
- Complimentary lunch on staff training days.
- Cycleshare scheme salary sacrifice for bike purchases.
- Free parking.
- Complimentary flu vaccination.
- Holidays outside of the usual term-time pattern, including a two-week autumn break and an early summer.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and welcome applications from candidates looking for a variety of flexible working arrangements including, but not limited to; part time working and a job share.
The Federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all students in our care and expects all staff to share this commitment. All staff are responsible for ensuring safeguarding, health and safety policies are implemented in line with Federation policy and current legislation. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service. We are an equal opportunities employer.
If you have any questions regarding the role, please contact Alice Beckwith, she may be contacted via email: email@example.com.
HOW TO APPLY
Application forms and information are available online at www.rutlandfederation.com or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You should write a letter of application on no more than 2 sides of A4.
- You should complete all sections of the application form.
- On the form clearly state the names, addresses, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses of two professional referees; it is our usual practice to ask for references before shortlisting and always to ask for references before interviews.
- It is a condition of employment that you have a successful DBS check made and can provide proof of identity and qualifications gained.
Please note that due to the high number of applications we receive for positions, your application is unlikely to be considered if you do not follow these requirements. CVs are not accepted.
Closing date is 9am on Thursday 6 January 2022.
You should send your application to Stuart Williams, Executive Principal, Catmose College, Huntsmans Drive, Oakham, Rutland, LE15 6RP. Applications can also be emailed to email@example.com.