Leventhorpe itself is a successful, oversubscribed Business and Enterprise Academy with keen and respectful learners. It was rated ‘Outstanding’ in all 5 categories by Ofsted in 2012. In June 2012 we were awarded National Support School status and we are also an accredited Teaching School, jointly leading the local Teaching School Alliance. This facilitates outstanding career development opportunities as many of our staff have the opportunity to take part in school to school outreach and partnership work.
The successful candidate will:
- be able to teach A-Level
- have a passion for teaching and learning
- have excellent subject knowledge
- be an effective team player and value every aspect of the life of the school
- have effective interpersonal skills with the ability to inspire students
- be an active learner, who constantly strives to improve, with the desire to progress.
In return Leventhorpe can provide:
- a positive working environment in a heavily oversubscribed school with an excellent academic record and high standards which places strong emphasis on student learning and achievement
- English Faculty results of 89% 4-9 at GCSE and 100% A*-E at A-Level
- a large Sixth Form of which a significant proportion choose to study English
- exceptionally dedicated colleagues and enthusiastic students
- first rate personal career development with high local and regional profile through our training school status and National Support School status
- subsidised Nuffield fitness gym membership
- excellent facilities. In recent years, Leventhorpe has experienced an intensive capital build programme, including most recently a £6m new sports complex (sports hall, fitness suite, dance studio, all-weather pitch and floodlit tennis courts), £1m Learning Resource Centre, re-modelling of Design & Technology facilities, £150k annual investment in ICT provision. To accommodate our expanding roll a further £7m investment is plan to build a to include a new state-of-the-art, performing arts block alongside a brand new science and sixth form block
- Judged Outstanding in all respects in January 2012
We would welcome applications from NQTs or experienced teachers. Please apply to The HR Manager by letter and application form which can be found on our website. Applications can be sent by post, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org . Closing date 12.00 noon Thursday 22nd March. Interviews will take place the following week.
Applications will also be considered for the School Direct Training Programme (salaried). This is an employment-based route for high quality experienced graduates with at least three years’ work experience who do not hold a teaching qualification but to whom we could offer training.