ABOUT US – OUR SCHOOL
Virginia International Private School is a well-respected, reputable, all-through school with over 1050 students, meeting the needs of the local Emirati community. The school is on a very exciting journey as it goes from strength to strength in its commitment to quality education and its continued improvement, with a main focus on students’ outcomes. The school empowers its staff to fulfill their roles successfully and encourages and supports professional development. The school enjoys the benefits of dynamic, experienced leadership and management, a vibrant learning community, dedicated teachers and supportive governance. It is currently in the process of constructing a brand new, multipurpose, state-of-the-art building which will accommodate its secondary girls from September 2020. It also aims to be fully accredited by NEASC in April 2020, further build its leadership capacity, and proudly graduate its first cohort of grade 12 students in 2022.
THE POST – Teacher of English, Secondary - United Arab Emirates, Abu Dhabi
We are seeking to appoint motivated, highly skilled, enthusiastic and dedicated teachers who can work alongside, develop, and support a multi-cultural staff team in our continued pursuit of excellence. Our focus is purely on your ability as a practitioner so experience with a US curriculum is not essential. Leadership opportunities may be available for the right candidate in teaching and learning, assessment, curriculum and coaching.
We invite applications from teachers who are committed to:
• nurturing and developing every aspect of a student’s development;
• making learning meaningful, student centered and enjoyable;
promoting a real sense of family community through working in partnership with all stakeholders;
• their own and their colleagues’ professional development;
• supporting school improvement and aspiring to excellence;
• contributing to the wider life of the school.
Qualifications / Person Specification
• A relevant teaching qualification: minimum of a B.Ed. or BA/BSc + PGCE/QTS for the age group you will be teaching, and for specialist roles, a degree in the subject you teach;
• A minimum of 2 years recent teaching experience preferred (but not mandatory);
• An excellent understanding of secondary teaching and learning;
• Experience / Understanding of English language learning, particularly for students for whom English is a second language;
• Excellent communication skills to lead by example, as well as collaborate with leaders, senior management and parents;
• Ability to research new initiatives and implement them whilst evaluating current processes.
Terms and Conditions
• 2 year contract renewable;
• Remuneration package including a competitive tax-free salary, accommodation or allowance, health insurance, flight allowance and end of contract gratuity.
Please send the following to our Executive Secretary, Kadia Maiga at email@example.com
• your full CV with details of two referees (including email addresses);
• a letter of application making reference to your classroom practice, planning and assessment, and recent school initiatives;
• a recent photograph;
• the position you are applying for as the subject of your email.
Only short-listed Candidates will be contacted.
Final interviews will take place in Manchester from 20 to 27 March 2020.
Local candidates will be interviewed in the UAE.
Kindly visit www.virginiaschool.ae for more information about us.