An opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic Teacher of English to join our successful team. We are seeking an innovative and motivational teacher with excellent subject knowledge and the desire and commitment to raise achievement of students at all levels. The successful applicant must be qualified to teach English at GCSE and A Level. We are looking for a passionate and inspirational professional who would enjoy working in an exciting and rewarding environment and is prepared to contribute fully to school life. Applications are welcome from NQTs. Please note that you may be required to work across other schools in the Academy Trust if required.
In the English Faculty we have:
• Well-equipped classrooms with a variety of interactive facilities
• An enthusiastic and supportive department team
• Hard working students and strong home/school partnerships
• A range of technology to enhance teaching and learning
Our staff set the highest standards in behaviour and achievement for all pupils in a supportive environment in which children are treated as individuals. The curriculum is designed to provide everyone with choices at each stage in their development. We celebrate success and encourage all pupils to develop broader life skills, investing in the whole child. We are incredibly proud of the achievements of all our pupils and trust that you will feel the same as we work together to ensure the successful future for them.
At The Marches Academy Trust we can offer:
• An ‘Outstanding’ curriculum offering students a strong core entitlement in English, Mathematics and Science
• A full extra-curricular programme with opportunities for enrichment activities for all
• An excellent opportunity for continued personal development through our Talent Pathway, including NPQ qualifications.
• A wide range of staff benefits
• Excellent resources and facilities
• An enthusiastic and supportive team of staff, parents and governors
Shrewsbury Academy is a school that has close to 900 students on roll. In the recent months we have moved from two sites to one site, combining both The Sundorne School and The Grange School together, and more recently the Marches Academy in September 2019.
There will be an opportunity for those interested in applying, to visit the school on Wednesday 20th November by appointment only. If you would like to attend on this day or if you have any other queries, please email Hazel O’Shea, PA to Headteacher on h.o’firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information or to apply for the post please visit our online recruitment site via the school’s website https://careers.marchesacademytrust.org.uk/home.html (Please note we do not accept CVs).
Closing date for applications is midnight on Sunday 24th November 2019.
Interviews will be held on Friday 6th December 2019.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.