Teacher of English
Full time, permanent post.
Sir Graham Balfour Main Scale (actual salary £22,917 - £33,824)
Required from September 2018
We are seeking to appoint a dynamic teacher of English to join our very successful English Faculty. The successful candidate will have a firm commitment to raising whole-school achievement; have a professional approach to staff development; high expectations; and a determination to succeed. This post might well suit a Newly Qualified Teacher looking for their first position. The faculty is at an exciting point in its development, having restructured the whole of the Key Stage Four and Five curriculum over the past year. We are looking to appoint a forward thinking, able professional to join the Faculty in its continuing development.
At Sir Graham Balfour we offer:
- A friendly, well-motivated staff, who embrace willingly a culture of professional development.
- An ever growing reputation in the local community which has resulted in the school being consistently oversubscribed in an area where student rolls are falling.
- A very positive climate for learning.
- A first rate learning environment. We are housed in buildings completed in 2002 and financed via a PFI initiative.
- Innovative 14-19 collaboration and an increasing roll at KS5.
- A commitment to inclusive practice.
The school is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of all students and as such all applicants will be submitted for an enhanced DBS check.
- Applications can only be accepted if submitted on the enclosed formal application form, alongside a letter of not more than two sides of A4, outlining why you applied for this post and what you would bring to our school if appointed.
- Two references will be required, which, for currently employed staff, must be from your most recent employers.
- We confirm our commitment to equality of opportunity in all areas of our work. All individuals will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation.
Visits to the school are strongly recommended and can be arranged by contacting Mrs Vicki McKeen (details below).
If you require any further information, please access our website, www.sirgrahambalfour.co.uk or contact Mrs Vicki McKeen, Headteacher’s PA, on firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01785 223490.
The closing date for applications is: 1.30 pm on Friday 18th May. Please return completed applications to email@example.com
Shortlisting for this post will take place Monday 21st May and successful applicants will be contacted no later than 3.20pm on the same day. If you have not heard from us by this time, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.
Interviews will take place w/c Monday 21st May; will include a tour around the school, delivery of a lesson and interviews for the short-listed candidates. Details of the lesson to be taught will be sent out at the shortlisting stage.