Post of English Teacher (Mainscale) – Permanent, full-time - required from September 2018
Steyning Grammar School is a large, comprehensive school (2250+ on roll of which 450+ are in the Sixth Form) situated in the beautiful South Downs countryside, close to Brighton and the South coast. Our students are fantastic – polite, confident and eager to learn.
Ofsted (March 2017) rated the school Good with Outstanding features.
The successful candidate will have/be:
● Enthusiastic and passionate, with the drive and determination to move the school forward.
● A great classroom practitioner, committed to the craft of teaching.
● Able to demonstrate excellent student progress.
● Creative, innovative and able to differentiate effectively.
● A dedicated team player who develops excellent relationships with students and colleagues.
● A professional who models expectations and promotes positive behaviour.
● Committed to all students achieving their full potential and the learning vision of the school – our journey to excellence.
Completed application forms should be e-mailed to Sam Austwick (Head’s PA) by 9.00 am, Wednesday 24th January 2018 (please note that we will be considering applications up until the closing date). We will acknowledge receipt of your application by email. We will contact you again, only, if your name appears on the short list and apologise in advance for not confirming back to you if you have not have been shortlisted.
Steyning Grammar School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.