Job Title: Teacher of English
Start Date: September 2021
Contract: Full time, Fixed Term Contract until 31st August 2022
Due to continued growth and expansion of the English Department, we have a fantastic opportunity for a Teacher of English to join our hard working, approachable and supportive English team. The successful candidate will be an outstanding teacher with high expectations and they should possess the imagination, energy and skill to help craft their curriculum and department.
Reddish Vale High School is part of South Manchester Learning Trust, expressed simply the trust is committed to personal growth and academic excellence for all pupils. At Reddish Vale High School, committed staff provide a positive and nurturing environment that inspires a passion for learning, so that every pupil progresses and thrives. Our pupils are encouraged to achieve to their best personally, academically, physically and socially. High expectations and standards are driven through teamwork and underpinned through the school’s core values of, Respect, Aspiration, Determination and Independence.
We are looking to appoint an excellent practitioner who is a passionate and dynamic teacher of English with the ability to teach across the age and ability range at both Key Stage 3 and 4. The successful candidate will be joining a well-resourced and highly successful English department and should have the ability, drive and commitment to maintain and improve an already successful department. You should have:
• A real passion for teaching and learning in English
• The ability to inspire, challenge and motivate pupils along with the ability to manage behaviour
• Evidence of real measurable impact as a teacher (n/a for NQT’s)
• A willingness to contribute to the school and multi academy trust at all levels
• A willingness to be supportive of the English Departments drive to enable all students to achieve their full potential.
We can offer:
• A friendly, supportive and hugely talented whole staff team
• A school with an exciting future and history of continuous improvement
• Outstanding and supportive leadership at all levels
• An inclusive learning ethos
Applications from NQT’s are welcome.
If you feel you have the skills and drive to add to the English team and school as a whole please apply using the channels below. Please visit our website for further information www.reddish.stockport.sch.uk. Completed applications should returned to email@example.com quoting the post title and your name in the subject line. Please note that CVs will not be accepted.
Closing date: 8am Monday 17th May 2021
Interview date: w/c 17th May 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Our School is committed to safeguarding and protecting the wellbeing of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share their commitment. An enhanced DBS is required for all successful applicants.
Reddish Vale High School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years