Due to significant expansion of the school Our Lady & St Bede Catholic Academy and the Directors of Carmel Education Trust wish to appoint an excellent Teacher of English.
The role may appeal to candidates seeking their first teaching post or, equally, to recently qualified or more experienced teachers, looking to develop in a school which is totally committed to English.
Over the last three years significant improvements have been made in all areas of the school, building on existing strengths and working alongside the Carmel Education Trust.
The academic progress of our pupils ranks our school as:
- Highest Performing School in Stockton: 1st / 12
- Highest Performing School in Diocese: 1st / 20
- Highest Performing School in North East: 1st / 150
- Highest Performing School in North: 1st / 229
- Highest Performing School in UK: Top 1%
- Progress 8 2017: +0.72
English Achievement 2017:
· Attainment: 85%: 9-4, 75%: 9-5, 30%: 9-7
· Progress: +0.56
We wish to appoint a teacher with:
- A passion for providing the best possible holistic education for all students.
- A commitment to maximising achievement through excellence in teaching and learning.
- A passion for contributing to the development of our English department at a very exciting time.
- A strong commitment to understanding and promoting the school's Catholic/Christian ethos.
You are very welcome to contact us to arrange an informal visit to the school. Please contact the Headteacher P.A.: Mrs Johanna Smurthwaite: email@example.com
For an application form, please e-mail Mrs Johanna Smurthwaite: firstname.lastname@example.org or write to her at the school address: Bishopton Road West, Stockton-on-Tees, TS19 0QH (Tel: 01642 704970). Applications will only be accepted on the official CES application form available from the school. Closing date: Monday 16th October 2017, 9:00am.