This is an excellent opportunity for a Teacher of English to work at a high achieving, fully comprehensive school in Dorking in Surrey. This position is fixed term until 31 August 2022 with potential to be made permanent. To start in the spring term.
Who we are:
Ashcombe is highly sought-after, with very high levels of interest for September 2022. This is due to a wide range of factors including its facilities, academic results, standards of teaching, pastoral care, the wide range of trips and extra-curricular activities and the resultant attitudes of its pupils. In our 2020 ‘Investors in People’ Report, our staff said:
“It is a great place to work, and I can see all the things that are happening – it’s all positive”
What we offer:
• A supportive climate in which there is much cooperation, resulting in detailed schemes of work and excellent resources
• Courses run for both GCSE and A-Level students
• An excellent ECT programme
• Regular professional development opportunities
• Day nursery on site with preferential rates for staff
• On-site parking
• Close to A25, M25 and local train stations
What we’re looking for:
• A person who is passionate about English and will encourage our students to learn from their enthusiasm
• An ability to deliver the curriculum to a high standard
• An open minded approach to expanding and encouraging knowledge growth in students of all abilities
• We are seeking someone with the commitment and enthusiasm to be part of a lively, well managed and successful team
What Ofsted say:
“Pupils’ attitudes towards learning are very positive. Pupils are attentive and responsive in equal measure in lessons. As a result, there is a very harmonious learning atmosphere"
How to apply:
Click the ‘Quick apply’ button below to complete an application form.
Closing date is 8am Monday 13th December 2021.
The Ashcombe School,
Ashcombe Road, Dorking, Surrey RH4 1LY
Tel: 01306 886312