We are looking for an enthusiastic and talented teacher of English to join our very successful and vibrant department from September 2018. We are an Ofsted Outstanding rated school with our own Teaching School status. Swavesey achieved ‘Outstanding’ in every category in its latest Ofsted report in March 2011. The successful candidate will join an ‘Outstanding school where there is absolutely no complacency’ (Ofsted 2011).
Swavesey Village College has a strong track record of pupils achieving outstanding results; we are consistently well above the National Average for English and Maths and our Value Added measures are significantly positive.
Swavesey Village College enjoys a considerable local and national reputation for academic excellence and innovation. This reflects:
- A philosophy of 100% achievement and inclusion;
- A commitment to extending the boundaries of learning enabling all young people to become well-rounded individuals;
- A purposeful and caring learning environment, where every individual is known, valued and supported;
- Well-motivated and engaged students;
- Ambitious, dedicated and professional staff - teaching and support staff;
- A commitment to leadership, innovation, staff progression and partnership working, as part of our Teaching School status and within our family of schools (CMAT).
Swavesey is committed to developing the talents and potential of all our staff. We have a very supportive induction and CPD programme for new staff and NQTs, and can provide many development opportunities within our Teaching School Alliance (www.camteach.org.uk).
For the right NQT this includes:
- a reduced timetable for the first year, with three additional non-contact hours per week
- a well-structured and high quality NQT induction year including:
- timetabled mentor meetings
- regular calendared NQT team meetings
- access to our exceptional Teaching School CPD programme
- support for staff who wish to pursue a Masters in Education in their second year with us.
NQTs will may also be offered the opportunity to do paid work in July in order to ensure they have the most positive start to their career.
Experienced teachers can also look forward to a high quality induction package and a wide range of CPD opportunities offered by our Teaching School status and promotion opportunities within the wider family of CMAT schools.
In return, we can offer you:
· Induction programme for new staff
· Calendared new staff meetings for CPD
· Leadership Coaching
· Comfortable staff area with free tea, coffee & squash
· Child care voucher scheme through payroll (tax free)
· Free eye tests for constant computer users
· Staff social activities (Staff Association, Thirsty Thursday, Friday Football, BBQs, Paintball, etc)
· Free breakfast in the canteen
· Free Gym membership at SVC on specific days
Swavesey is a village community school located close to Cambridge with excellent transport links to Cambridge and the pretty market town of St Ives, however, we have a considerable local and national reputation for academic excellence and innovation as part of our Academy Trust – CMAT and as a Teaching School - CTSN.
Please view the professional development and staff services attachment to get a full breakdown on what makes Swavesey Village College such a special place to work.
We encourage visits before interview and this can be arranged by contacting Claire Newman - Personnel Administrator on firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this vacancy, please click the apply button below. Applications by Wednesday 17 January 2018.
If you have any queries, please contact Claire Newman or Louise Smith CL English email@example.com
The post holder will have a shared responsibility for the safe guarding of all children and young people. The post holder also has an implicit duty to promote the welfare of all children and young people.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be subject to an enhanced check with the DBS.