Teacher of English (temporary part-time after Easter)
• Inner London Pay Scale
• ATA Allowance £2500
• 2% Attendance Bonus
• Possible Recruitment Incentive
• Onsite fitness and cardio suite
We are seeking to appoint a well-qualified professional to teach English, part-time, to students in Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4 from Monday, 19 April 2021. At Key Stage 4, we deliver English Language, English Literature and GCSE Media Studies. This post provides an excellent opportunity to work in a high quality and well-resourced environment and be a part of a highly motivated and visionary team of teachers. The post is suitable for both experienced and newly qualified teachers.
Ashcroft Technology Academy:
• is graded an outstanding school (Ofsted 2015) with high standards of behaviour
• is a highly successful and heavily over-subscribed school in Putney, south west London
• provides excellent quality and well-resourced facilities
• 94% of students achieve a grade 4 or better in English at GCSE level. Progress in English is +0.77
• has a progress 8 score of +0.73, which ranks the Academy in the top 10% of schools nationally
• has the highest performing Sixth Form in the Borough of Wandsworth for the past 7 years
• offers both A-Levels and the International Baccalaureate in the sixth form
• offers excellent opportunities for career development with a comprehensive NQT programme
• is close to the A3, to East Putney tube station and Putney main line for easy commuting
If you would like to be a part of this team, further details and an application form are available from our website www.ashcroftacademy.org.uk or telephone us on 020 8812 3553.
You must complete the application form electronically and email it as soon as you are ready, but no later than noon on Wednesday 24 February 2021, to email@example.com. We reserve the right to bring forward the closing date where we find suitable applications and so we advise that applications should be submitted as soon as possible as we may choose to interview shortly after receipt.
All appointments are subject to enhanced DBS clearance. ATA safeguards children and actively promotes their welfare. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. ATA is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from minority groups. The school also has full disabled access.
Ashcroft Technology Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
Quotes from our recent Ofsted inspection (February 2015) when the Academy was graded to be "OUTSTANDING":
“Teaching is typically outstanding. Teachers have very high expectations. They enjoy positive and productive relationships with their students. ...