Tes are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and inspirational Teacher of English on a full-time permanent basis from September 2021. Outstanding NQTs will be considered.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an independent, selective day school for boys aged 7 to 13. The prep school first opened in central London in 2004 and has 380 pupils on roll.
The school has developed a reputation over the years as one of the most sought-after prep schools for boys in Central London. They attribute that success, of course, to a meticulously planned academic curriculum, which sees their boys continue their senior education at some of the most prestigious schools, but then there is their extraordinary range of sporting, club and excursion opportunities, which introduces boys to such varied experiences, endowing them with the life skills to address new challenges with a spirit of optimism and flexibility of outlook.
The school either an existing Key Stage 2 or 3 class teacher or a talented practitioner who would like to develop their career in this direction. Applications are welcome from those with appropriate independent or maintained sector experience, including secondary schools.
Some Key Responsibilities:
- To prepare English lessons across Year groups 4-8
- To attend curriculum meetings with respect to the English Department
- To develop and promote the English Department in conjunction with the Head of English
- To take responsibility for a Club during Friday afternoon Club time
- To assist with any residential field trips and day visits to local sites of educational interest
- To ensure appropriate materials and related equipment are ordered and maintained in conjunction with the SMT
- To use interesting, inspiring and innovative displays
The Successful Candidate:
- Have outstanding subject knowledge, academic qualifications and to be able to communicate their enthusiasm
- Be able to deliver dynamic and effective lessons to the full ability range of pupils at the School
- Highly effective communication skills for interacting with all members of the School community
- A genuine commitment to pastoral care and the welfare and safeguarding of pupils
- Interests and abilities that can enhance the School’s co-curricular programme
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Excellent administrative, organisational and IT skills
Don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity and 'Quick Apply' below! For more information please contact email@example.com REF KR 1400306
Tes Recruitment Services (UK) represent Schools and Academies across the Globe, supporting them to secure a great teacher / leader for every role.
Tes Schools Recruitment
Tes is the market leader in search and selection for schools across the globe. At Tes, we’re committed to supporting and helping teachers at every stage of their career find their next job opportunity; and helping governors recruit the very best lead...