Required for September 2017, a well-qualified and enthusiastic teacher to join the English Department which is renowned for its high standards, both in and out of the classroom.
English is a strength of the school. “Students’ attainment and progress in English and Maths are outstanding” (Ofsted). A Level English Literature is a very popular choice post-16. The department contributes to the co-curricular life of the school, with theatre trips, competitions, author visits and debating.
The Windsor Boys’ School teaches students from years 9-13 and has excellent value added at GCSE and A level. It has a national reputation for sport, music and the creative arts, and uniquely is a centre of excellence for rowing.
Teaching at The Windsor Boys’ School provides excellent opportunities for professional development and career enhancement through:
- Top quality induction and support for NQTs.
- A highly supportive and friendly working environment.
- Exceptional CPD through the trust’s teaching school alliance and our family of schools.
- A structured leadership development programme.
- Many opportunities to become involved in a huge range of curriculum enrichments, including trips abroad.
- Sixth form teaching that is combined with our partner Windsor Girls’ School.
- Good links with local businesses, universities and prestigious private schools.
- Affordable urban or country living within easy reach of the school.
- Excellent local sports and cultural facilities.
- Direct access to the centre of London.
Windsor Learning Partnership is committed to safeguarding children and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced disclosure through the Disclosure and Barring Service. CVs will not be accepted in place of an application form.
If you are interested in applying for this position please access the school’s website where further information can be found: www.twbs.co.uk or alternatively email Mrs Blockley at email@example.com
The closing date for this position is Friday 23rd June 2017 at noon.
Windsor Learning Partnership: a company limited by guarantee.
Registered in England: Company Number: 9409109
Registered Office: Windsor Girls’ School, Imperial Road, Windsor, Berkshire, SL4 3RT
The Windsor Boys’ School
1 Maidenhead Road, Windsor, Berkshire, SL4 5EH
Tel: 01753 716060 Fax: 01753 833186
N.O.R. 850 (6TH Form: 250)