The Holt is a popular and oversubscribed11-16 girls and 16-18 co-ed comprehensive school which converted to academy status in July 2011. You will join a highly successful department where all three Key Stages results are significantly above the national average and is a very popular subject for students at KS5.
If you will inspire our students to achieve their best, we would encourage you to apply.
The successful candidate will:
- aspire to be an innovative, outstanding practitioner
- demonstrate passion for their subject as well as excellent subject knowledge
- be a team player with strong interpersonal skills
- be keen to participate in aspects of wider school life.
We can offer:
- a school that is ambitious and has high expectations of staff and students
- teaching across all Key Stages
- excellent professional development.
The school was judged ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted in 2008; there are 1245 on roll (216 in the Sixth Form) and we have a record of academic success with 89% of students achieve 5 or more standard passes including English and Maths.
Further details and an application form are available from the school website: http://www.holtschool.co.uk/the-school/staff-vacancies
Prospective applicants are welcome to telephone Ms Nici Hunt (Acting Head of English department) for more information about this post.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received and interviews arranged accordingly.
The Holt School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to a full Disclosure and Barring Service check.