Teacher of English
To start September 2018 for a 1 year fixed term contract in the first instance
Join us at Woodrush High School to work within the English Faculty at an exciting time in its development.
Woodrush High School is an oversubscribed 11-18 mixed Academy and has an excellent reputation locally and nationally. Our last three Ofsted inspections have been graded ‘Outstanding’ and we work extremely hard as a team to continually improve. We are a designated Teaching School and a National Support School committed to educational innovation. We are situated in a pleasant suburban area on the borders of Birmingham, Solihull and Worcestershire only 5 minutes from Junction 3 of the M42.
The successful candidate should be able to teach English to both KS3 and KS4. Applications are welcomed from NQTs, recent entrants to the profession, or experienced teachers.
· Passionate about teaching English?
· Reflective and dedicated to improving your practice?
· A caring professional practitioner who can build positive relationships and ensure young people are engaged and motivated to learn?
You will join a vibrant department, where teachers work together and are encouraged to take measured risks and innovate to inspire all students to make excellent progress from their starting points
We can offer you:
· The benefit of being part of our Teaching School
· A wealth of CPD aimed at teachers at all stages and levels of experience
· Supportive Induction programme
· A high quality NQT induction programme (NQT Quality Mark gained 2016)
· Excellent opportunities for further development
· Gym membership at a reduced cost
Interested candidates are welcome to come and look around the school by prior appointment.
For more information on our school please download our application pack from our website where details can also be found on how to apply. www.woodrushhigh.worcs.sch.uk
Alternatively please contact Mrs Robinson Headteacher’s PA on 01564 823777 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org to have a pack emailed or posted out to you
Closing date first post Friday 16th March. Interviews to take on Wednesday 28th March 2018
Woodrush High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and as such expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role