Teacher of English.
Tes is currently supporting a friendly and supportive secondary school, based in York. The school is looking to add a Teacher of English to its progressive and supportive English Department ideally starting in September 2021.
The role will include teaching and coordinating the delivery of English at KS3, GCSE and A-level across year groups 7 to 13. You will support the Head of English to enhance provision and will get the chance to get involved with exciting project work throughout the year. Project work will include revising schemes of work and ensuring the curriculum is engaging to all learners alongside projects that support student attainment, well-being and engagement within the wider school. You’ll also lead by example, supporting learners to achieve to the best of their ability and you’ll enjoy that great feeling when your learners achieve grades beyond their dreams.
“If you can share your passion for English and provide our learners with a high-quality enjoyable learning experience where they can maximise their progress, we would like to hear from you. The English Department at the school prides itself on a collective ethos of ambition and rigor with student needs at the centre."
The school is offering:
• A super supportive and highly visible SLT team and Headteacher;
• on-going CPD with programmes of study such as NPQML and MA in Educational Leadership
• progression support throughout the school and wider group
• support package for NQT’s/RQT’s including CPD and NQT mentorship;
• the chance to take on further responsibility such as TLR or Leadership roles in the future.
The school expects:
• A UK teaching qualification such as PGCE/PGDE, SCITT, BEd or MEd with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
• a relevant English Degree or a related subject
• experience of delivering English up to at least GCSE pushing and engaging learners to progress within the subject
• a love and passion for education.
Please include REF: 1417586 in the email subject line.
Tes Recruitment Services (UK) represent Schools and Academies across the Globe, supporting them to secure a great teacher / leader for every role. If you have an up to date CV on Tes.com you can apply with one easy click! Click ‘Quick Apply’ to apply for this role today!
To learn more about this role please email email@example.com for an information pack that includes the school's name, role specifics (JD/PS) and context. Please include REF: 1417586 in the email subject line.
Tes Schools Recruitment
Tes is the market leader in search and selection for schools across the globe. At Tes, we’re committed to supporting and helping teachers at every stage of their career find their next job opportunity; and helping governors recruit the very best lead...