Required for 1st January 2020, We are seeking to appoint a committed and enthusiastic teacher of English to join our very strong and high achieving English department.
The successful candidate should:
• Be a well-qualified graduate with a good honours degree in English based subject and a PGCE or other recognised teaching qualification in English
• Have experience of teaching and inspiring pupils across the secondary age and ability range to learn effectively and produce work of a high standard, using assessment to inform future planning of pupils’ work
• Be an energetic, innovative and enthusiastic teacher with a thorough knowledge of the National Curriculum, and with the ability to motivate and interest pupils of all abilities
• Have a very clear understanding of the Literacy and Numeracy framework and its application across the curriculum as well as an awareness of the Digital Competency Framework
• Show evidence from teaching or teaching practice of the ability to elicit work of a high standard from pupils of different ages and abilities
• Be able to work independently and as part of a team, seeking advice when necessary
• Have a broad experience of teaching and inspiring students across the secondary age range to learn effectively and produce work of a high standard, using assessment to inform future planning
• Be a sound classroom manager with the skills needed to create a climate in which effective learning can take place
• Be a good administrator who can ensure the effective and timely completion of tasks, the writing of reports, maintenance of records etc.
• Be able to contribute to the effective delivery of cross-curricular strategies such as those in numeracy, literacy and ICT
• Demonstrate a commitment to continuing professional development
• Excellent attendance and punctuality record Applicants must have qualified teacher status.
Ysgol Friars is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory DBS disclosure.