Full time, fixed term for one year initially from August 2018
Brockenhurst College is one of the country's top colleges, located in the heart of the New Forest National Park, with sixth form, adult learning and employee training provision. Awarded the prestigious Beacon College status for excellence and innovation in further education and ranked 'Good' by Ofsted, the College offers superb facilities and its students achieve excellent results.
Brockenhurst College has a well-established transnational education department working with schools in Chengdu and Zhuhai for several years. Over the last 5 years Brockenhurst College has established a strong partnership with a public school in Zhuhai, Guangdong Province, China. Our partner school is regarded as one of the best in Guangdong Province, and has a shared vision with Brockenhurst College to provide the best education to students, giving them the opportunity to be successful global citizens. This strong partnership saw the launch of an international programme of study starting in September 2014, incorporating the delivery of UK A Level qualification.
The school is now seeking additional subject specialist teachers of ESOL and Western Culture to join them in Zhuhai from August 2018. The standard of academic ability at the school is high but it can be a challenge as English language will be the second language for the learners and therefore lecturers with very sound subject knowledge and communication skills are required for the post.
The ideal candidates would:
- Be ambitious and want to make a difference to young people’s lives;
- have an university degree in the subject area or relevant subject areas;
- Have a general teaching qualification (eg PGCE/Cert Ed/DTTLS);
- Have experienced UK educational system and be familiar with British/Western culture;
- Have a minimum of two year teaching experience in relevant subject area, preferably 15-19 years;
- Have experience in subject leading and curriculum design;
- Have excellent interpersonal skills, adaptability, cultural openness and outstanding organisational skills are also a pre-requisite;
- Be below 60 Years old due to the regulations for work visa application in Zhuhai;
- Be English native speakers for ESOL and western culture post due to the regulations for work visa application in Zhuhai.
In return the school will offer:
- free two bedroom accommodation with internet access and utility bills paid or housing allowance
- fixed contract duration of one year (August 2018 to July 2019, renewable subject to agreement)
- competitive salary equivalent to £31,000 to £36,000 depending on qualification and experience
- generous holiday entitlement (based on Chinese academic year)
- travel allowance and medical insurance
- VISA application support
- arrival assistance/settling in
- academic and cultural support from Brockenhurst College.
Please note: the post holders will be employed by our partner school in China and governed under Chinese law.
Following shortlisting, candidates will either be interviewed by Skype and/or at Brockenhurst College.
For full details please visit our website https://careers.brock.ac.uk/vacancy/teachers-based-in-china-zhuhai-340261.html
Closing date: 15 February 2018
Interviews: to start from 19 February 2018