Are you passionate about teaching Ethics and Religious Education and making a difference to young people’s lives? Looking for an “Outstanding” innovative and forward thinking school which genuinely challenges, develops and invests in you? Then come and meet us at Swavesey Village College.
As a lead school within a newly developing Academy chain in Cambridgeshire (mostly), opportunities for advancement within the Trust at all levels is frequent, and encouraged by senior staff. We care about your career; we believe that motivated staff who are supported to be successful and ambitious make great teachers.
Swavesey Village College is recruiting for a teacher of Ethics and Religious Education to join our Inspirational and highly successful community from September2018. We would consider applications from full time or part time candidates. We are looking for someone who is passionate about inspiring young minds and challenging themselves to constantly improve. We encourage and support staff to innovate and grow as professionals, by working collaboratively with like-minded colleagues within our school and across our family of schools in our trust - CMAT.
Our ideal candidate will be:
· Interested in spreading their enthusiasm for Ethics and Religious Education beyond the classroom.
· Committed to the pursuit of excellence and have a strong desire to work in a team that supports all members of its community to be successful
In return, we can offer you:
· Induction for all
· Strong NQT Programme, reduced TT, Mentor, NQT CPD
· Calendared NQT/RQT/New staff meetings for CPD
· Leadership Coaching
· Free tea, coffee, squash in staff area
· Child care voucher scheme through payroll (tax free)
· Free eye test for constant computer users
· All Staff Activities (Staff Association, Thirsty Thursday, Friday Football, BBQ’s Paint Balling, etc)
· Free breakfast
· Free Gym membership at SVC on specific days
Swavesey is committed to developing the talents and potential of all our staff. We have a very supportive induction and CPD programme for new staff and NQTs, and can provide many development opportunities within our Teaching School Alliance (www.camteach.org.uk).
For the right NQT this includes:
- a reduced timetable for the first year, with three additional non-contact hours per week
- a well-structured and high quality NQT induction year including:
- timetabled mentor meetings
- regular calendared NQT team meetings
- access to our exceptional Teaching School CPD programme
- support for staff who wish to pursue a Masters in Education in their second year with us.
NQTs will may also be offered the opportunity to do paid work in July in order to ensure they have the most positive start to their career.
Experienced teachers can also look forward to a high quality induction package and a wide range of CPD opportunities offered by our Teaching School status and promotion opportunities within the wider family of CMAT schools.
Swavesey is a village community school located close to Cambridge with excellent transport links to Cambridge and the pretty market town of St Ives, however, we have a considerable local and national reputation for academic excellence and innovation as part of our Academy Trust – CMAT and as a Teaching School - CTSN.
There are more reasons to join us, please view the professional development and staff services attachment to get a full breakdown on what makes Swavesey Village College such a special place to work.
We encourage visits before interview and this can be arranged by contacting Claire Newman - Personnel Administrator on email@example.com
Closing date for applications is Friday 19 January 2018.
To apply for this vacancy, please click the apply button below and if you have any queries beforehand please contact Rick Howell – CL Humanities firstname.lastname@example.org
The post holder will have a shared responsibility for the safe guarding of all children and young people. The post holder also has an implicit duty to promote the welfare of all children and young people.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be subject to an enhanced check with the DBS.