Parklands High School is a popular, over-subscribed and high-achieving standalone academy. Our school is a magnificent place to teach due to our exceptional students; mutual respect in our school is the norm, and we have a highly-motivated and thriving workforce. We receive constant praise about our students, who we actively encourage to contribute to our local, national and international community through a plethora of initiatives. We therefore seek a like-minded colleague to work in our friendly, supportive, well-resourced and forward looking school in a leafy suburb, within easy reach of the M6, M61 and M65.
We were inspected by OFSTED in November 2014, resulting in “Good” overall with “Outstanding” for behaviour and safety.
The department is well-established, innovative in its teaching and contributes to a school curriculum where dialogue is valued. This position is for one year only (in the first instance) and would suit both newly qualified and more experienced teachers.
We are looking for
- The ability to teach to GCSE level
- Someone who will actively promote the ethos and principles of our school
- Be accountable for teaching, learning, student progress and attainment within the subject
- Offer insight and innovation to the delivery of the subject, linking subjects and staff where appropriate to secure valuable learning opportunities and actively respond to national developments in the subject area
- To act as a role model for the teaching and learning within the department
We can offer you
- Committed and passionate students who are positive and keen to learn
- Parklands has a bespoke NQT and RQT programme in place
- Access to UK Healthcare, a leading provider of healthcare insurance
- The opportunity to become a part of our friendly and supportive team
We encourage candidates to come and see for themselves, so to arrange a visit or for more information regarding the role, please contact Mrs Brookes by telephone or email (email@example.com).
For more information please refer to the attached documents and to the link below.