Job Title: Teacher of Food & Nutrition
Salary: MPS/UPS (£22,917 - £38,633)
Contract: Full Time (Permanent)
Required for: September 2018
Are you a talented and dynamic teacher of Food looking for the next challenge? Would you welcome joining a school community which values the development of its teachers and invests heavily in CPD?
- an open and collaborative community that trusts its teachers, equipping them with the skills and allowing them the freedom to act as valued professionals;
- a well-resourced Food and Technology faculty featuring two large Food rooms;
- high quality inset days, Minimum 15% non-contact time, bespoke 3 year induction programme for new teachers & leadership development programmes;
- a range of personal benefits, including Cycle to Work Scheme, on site leisure centre and an active staff social committee;
- rigid procedures for managing behaviour;
- an Ofsted outstanding School that believes ‘better never stops’.
For further insight into the Technology Faculty and Kennet School please view the attachments at the bottom of this advert labelled :
‘What we believe – Letter from the Headteacher’
‘Kennet School Benefits – Letter to applicants’
‘A Letter from the Head of Faculty’
We would like you to be:
- able to teach Food up to GCSE level with Food Science and Nutrition at KS5 / Level 3 an advantage;
- creative, forward thinking attitude & unapologetically passionate about your subject;
- committed to working collaboratively as part of a team and across the school;
- willing to think creatively and take risks in the classroom;
- hard-working with excellent organisational skills.
How to Apply
- Click the ‘Quick Apply’ button below to complete the application form.
The school’s successes are well documented, but we believe that it is most impressive when seen in action. We welcome enquiries and visits prior to application, so please get in touch with Chris Ellison, Deputy Headteacher for more information (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Deadline & Interview Dates
Deadline for applications is noon, Monday, 18 June 2018 and candidates selected for interview will be informed by telephone soon after. Interview date: Wednesday, 20 June 2018.
Kennet School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment, including being subject to a full DBS check.