Teacher of Food and Textiles
We are keen to appoint an enthusiastic and dedicated teacher of Food and Textiles to join our highly successful Faculty.
We have a full commitment to the highest quality teaching and learning and will expect you to:
Hendon School is an ambitious 'Outstanding' School and can offer:
• Excellent resources
• Excellent support and professional development opportunities
• Hendon School prides itself on its Ofsted rated Outstanding which is down to our team of dedicated, passionate, motivated staff, is that something you are looking at being part of.
100 non- selective state funded schools in the country. Students not only
achieve outstanding exam results but experience an exceptional community programme.
Many students have won local and national awards for their achievements and contributions to society.
We are seeking someone with:
• A passion for teaching and learning
• The ability to motive and inspire the faculty and students
The ability to demonstrate good subject and curriculum knowledge, and a critical understanding of developments in food and textiles.
Ability to teach good or outstanding food and textiles lessons to students of all abilities in KS3 & KS4.
Willingness to contribute to the development of the subject throughout the school and help to write and amend schemes of work.
Ability to take an active role in promoting the D & T faculty around the school.
• Creative teaching skills and a professional approach.
• High expectations of students
• The determination to raise student achievement
• Team skills.
About the employer:
• Each person equally as an individual who is entitled to be treated with
respect at all times.
• The particular abilities, needs and hopes of all our school
• The social, ethnic and religious diversity of Hendon School.
• Applications from NQTs are welcomed. We have a strong NQT induction
Here is what our teachers say:
‘I love Hendon because of the warm and caring atmosphere, with the needs of students always coming first. We work together as a community. We are a big strong family protecting each other.’ Mr Watson—Humanities Teacher
Closing date for applications - midnight 11th June 2017. CVs will not be considered.
We are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All posts are subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.