Are you passionate about teaching Technology and looking for an opportunity to focus on the subjects you love?
Would you like to be part of a great team of talented professionals in a curriculum-focused role?
If so, we want to hear from you!
ASPIRE, GROW, SUCCEED
We are looking for an excellent teacher of Technology who can teach Technology across all areas of the curriculum, with a specialism in Food Technology and/or Product/3D Design.
We are developing our curriculum with ambitious aims. This will secure, in the long-term, rich subject knowledge for all students and move beyond simple manifestations of a ‘knowledge-rich curriculum’. Our curriculum is shaped by this academic discipline within the Technology department.
You will need to be passionate about your subject, bring fresh ideas and work hard in a committed team to ensure all students reach their full potential through the delivery of a knowledge-rich curriculum.
To excel in this role, the ideal candidate will:
- Be an inspirational teacher with a proven track record of success at teaching Technology to Key Stage 3 across all Technology disciplines and to Key Stages 4 and 5 in your specialism.
- Embrace the current changes to the curriculum and drive up progress and outcomes.
- Have the ability to inspire, engage and enthuse students, staff and the wider community.
- Have a professional drive, energy, determination and aspiration.
- Collaborate and work with all staff across school to support further school improvement.
In return, we can offer you:
- A talented and committed staff team who are supportive of each other. This includes framework for staff voice and a fair workload charter to ensure wellbeing and a good work/life balance.
- A Headteacher, Leadership Team and Governing Body committed to creating a school of outstanding practice.
- The opportunity to grow in your teaching practice and work with young people in a truly comprehensive, multi-cultural community environment.
- Excellent professional development opportunities, including a subject-specific CPD model which focuses on subject knowledge.
- Fantastic buildings, resources and facilities.
If you share our values, ambition, have a proven track record of success and relish a new challenge, we look forward to receiving your application. Applications are invited from experienced teachers and those seeking their first appointment.
If you would like to apply, please download the Application Pack, which contains further details about this post, including how to apply. Alternatively, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack or telephone leaving your postal address.
Closing date: 24 November 2019
Allerton Grange is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students, and expects all staff, Governors and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS and safeguarding recruitment checks.
We are also an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from all suitably qualified candidates.