Bohunt Horsham, part of Bohunt Education Trust (BET), is looking to appoint a highly motivated, dynamic and innovative individual to help shape and ensure the success of our purpose-built, all-through, coeducational school in Horsham. The school opened in temporary accommodation in September 2019 with 120 students in Year 7 and we now have 240 students in Years 7 and 8. The school will grow to a roll of 1620 students, aged 4-16. We intend Bohunt Horsham to be a true all-through school with opportunities for cross phase teaching and the sharing of pedagogical practice and research across primary and secondary provision, offering our students opportunities for leadership and mentoring.
We are looking to expand our team and are seeking an excellent Teacher of Food Technology for September 2021. Come and join the STEM Department where we engage and challenge our enthusiastic and dedicated students with a dynamic curriculum. We are looking for innovation, creativity and a passion for your subject. As a member of our founding staff team you will benefit from the support of our school and Trust leadership and will be well placed for a range of forthcoming career opportunities. Wednesday afternoons at Bohunt Horsham are dedicated to collaboration and professional progression; we are a close knit team and we place a very high value on the development of our staff.
Our ethos is simple: enjoy, respect, achieve. Above all we value a love of learning and actively promote the characteristics that make lifelong learners such as curiosity, hard work, critical thinking and a thirst for knowledge. We champion values that will ensure our learners make the world a better place including empathy, tolerance and kindness. Our students are empowered and supported which enables them to build life skills such as resilience, confidence and courage, which will help them to overcome obstacles that may stand in the way of achieving their potential.
What is different about us?
● As a member of our founding staff team you will benefit from the support of our school and Trust leadership and will be well placed for a range of forthcoming career opportunities.
● We are proud to be part of the Bohunt Education Trust. BET’s approach to teaching and learning is innovative and immersive – a rich blend of the latest education thinking, technology and practice both in and outside the classroom.
● We are a close knit team and we place a very high value on the development of our staff; Wednesday afternoons at Bohunt Horsham are dedicated to collaboration and professional progression for teachers whilst our students participate in our co-curricular offer.
● As an all-through school we will offer unparalleled opportunities to work on curriculum across the key stages, looking at child development within your subject as a whole.
● You will be supported by subject specialists from high performing schools across the Trust and benefit from being part of a larger technology community.
● As a school we set the highest expectations for ourselves and our students and this is reflected in the positive and productive atmosphere in school and in the experiences of our pupils.
The temporary school in Hurst Road is well-equipped with fully refurbished classrooms each using the latest equipment such as SMART TV boards. Our 1:2:1 iPad scheme enables teachers to bring learning to life and engage our learners.
Bohunt Education Trust (BET) is an exceptional, aspirational, and innovative academy sponsor based in the South of England. BET schools all embrace the Trust’s ethos of ‘enjoy respect achieve’ by high quality teaching and learning, a culture of high expectations and an outstanding provision of extra-curricular opportunities and experiences https://www.bohunttrust.co.uk
Potential candidates may make informal enquiries to Ms Georgette Ayling: Headteacher, by emailing email@example.com.
Candidates are also welcome to view our Open Evening resources on www.bohunthorsham.com and to virtually attend our Recruitment Open Morning to gain a sense of our educational ethos and culture.
Bohunt Horsham is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young students and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will need to undertake an Enhanced DBS check.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend that you submit your application as early as possible.
Interviews will be held via Zoom on 2 March 2021
- Mainstream school with state - free school funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 16 years
Bohunt Horsham is a new, innovative, all-through school that opened its doors to 120 Year 7 students in temporary accommodation in September 2019, now has two full cohorts of Year 7 and Year 8 students and will be moving to a state-of-the-art new bui...