Philip Morant School & College
Teacher of Food Technology
Pay Range: Teachers Main/Upper Pay Scale
£25, 714 - £41,604 (Point M1 – UPR3)
Start Date: 1st September 2021
We are seeking to appoint a full-time Food Technology Teacher to join our dynamic and forward thinking DT Faculty. We have recently completed a £750,000 refurbishment of the DT block, including two Food Technology rooms.
If you are passionate about your subject and determined to help students learn we would love to hear from you. We are looking for someone who is energetic and has the skills and expertise to teach food technology to our young people, as well as contribute to our extra-curricular programme.
You will be part of a supportive, friendly and forward-thinking team.
We would also welcome applicants with a strong science background who love food and are interested in teaching Food Technology. If successful, full training would be given to allow you to develop the necessary skills for the role. Also suitable for NQTs.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
• In consultation with the Head of Department, to plan, design and produce teaching materials and resources which are appropriate to age and ability
• To be a Tutor to an assigned Tutor Group if required, and to carry out related duties in accordance with the general job description of Tutor
• Manage the classroom and teaching equipment so as to create a positive learning environment which makes effective use of available resources.
(The full details can be found in the attached Job Outline and Person Specification).
We're looking for you if you have:
• Qualified Teacher Status
• Teaching experience of Food Preparation and Nutrition to GCSE
• Willingness to keep up to date in subject knowledge and national developments.
Why work for The Sigma Trust, Philip Morant School & College?
We can offer you:
• A Competitive Salary
• Robust school CPD training programme that enables you to flourish
• Opportunities to work with colleagues across the Trust to share resources, ideas and build collaborative relationships
• Employee Benefits: Employee Assistance Programme, Pension Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Discounted Gym Membership at selected local gym
For additional information about the Trust and this school, please visit our website www.sigmatrust.org.uk
To apply for this post, please complete an application form, available from The Sigma Trust/this website and return it to email@example.com . Please read the Notes for Applicants document attached.
Closing date: Midnight, Monday 12th April 2021
The Sigma Trust is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our schools.
Philip Morant School And College
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
Do you want to work in a school...
• with fantastic young people and staff who dream big and work hard to realise their
dreams? with 50 years of tradition alongside modern and progressive values?
which is rediscovering the depth of its culture and va...