MAGHULL HIGH SCHOOL, SPECIALIST ACADEMY FOR THE PERFORMING ARTS, MAGHULL
An outstanding part time (0.5 FTE) teacher of Food Technology is required to join a committed and hard-working department. At Key Stage 3, Food and Nutrition is taught as part of a Design Technology subject carousel, and all pupils have the opportunity to experience the subject each year. We are currently reviewing new opportunities within the school and would envisage that the successful candidate would contribute to the development and delivery of Food and Nutrition across all year groups.
Additionally, you will benefit from:
• Working in a subject area with improving outcomes.
• Teaching in a forward thinking department within a £10 million new school building that includes a fantastic new food room.
• The opportunity to develop and deliver examination courses to GCSE level.
Responsibilities of the post include:
• Teaching the Food and Nutrition Key Stage 3 curriculum throughout the school from Year 7 to Year 9 in the first instance.
• To contribute to the development of teaching and learning materials in the department.
• To keep abreast of relevant curricular and educational developments.
• To be proactive in the pursuit of your own professional development.
• To monitor the progress of the pupils.
• To take part in activities organised with the aim of promoting Food and Nutrition.
Applications will be considered from newly qualified or experienced teachers.
For further information and application pack, please visit www.maghullhigh.com.
For any enquiries about the post, please contact Mrs M Griffiths at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: 0151 527 3961.
CLOSING DATE: Noon Friday 21st June 2019
INTERVIEWS TO BE HELD: Week commencing 24th June 2019
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
NO AGENCIES PLEASE