Firth Park Academy is proud to have earned the award for ‘Best Secondary School in Sheffield 2015/16’ (Sheffield Star Best in Education Awards Oct ’15). We are:
- Rated a ‘Good’ school in every area by Ofsted (June 2015).
- Proud to have exceeded the National and Sheffield average for Progress 8 achievement.
- Winners of more Sheffield Children’s University Awards for extra-curricular learning than any other school in our city.
- A richly diverse community with students speaking more than 30 home languages.
- A leading school in our trust – Academies Enterprise Trust – the largest trust in the UK with more career development opportunities than any other.
- We love to help our students learn and value the staff who help them do so, thanks to:
- An outstanding ‘Teaching school standard’ professional development programme for staff at all stages of their career.
- A ‘3 in 3 years’ leadership development programme for all interested high-quality staff. This promises staff a TLR responsibility, bursary support toward Masters degree completion if required, and mini-secondment at a partner AET Academy to grow our future leaders.
- A staff social and sporting committee who promote regular opportunities for well-being and team building.
We are seeking to appoint
- An enthusiastic and motivational Teacher of Food Technology who understands effective student learning through challenging, high quality and exciting teaching methods.
- The successful candidate will possess the expertise to inspire and engage students, and will be determined to get the best from our diverse cohort of students, ensuring they make their very best progress. This will be achieved through planning and delivering engaging lessons, which will inspire our leaners to succeed across KS3 and KS4.
- The successful candidate will be committed to team work at all levels, and will be able to contribute creatively and knowledgeably to develop/evaluate schemes for learning
This opportunity is open to all candidates with experience within Food Technology. The ability to teach other DT specialisms is an asset. This opportunity is open to newly qualified teachers as well as those with more experience who have a drive for improving learning.
Our vision in our DT Faculty is simple, yet clear: “To support every student to achieve their full learning potential and thereby transform the life chances of our students”. We have made significant headway on improving standards and delivering on this vision in order to work towards our goal of becoming an outstanding Faculty.
This is a fantastic time to join the school on its journey to become outstanding and be part of a positive culture and ethos that will ensure excellent outcomes for all students.
You will be joining an excellent, highly skilled team from across the other areas of Technology and a passionate Director of Learning for the Art, Design and Technology Faculty.
Immediate enquiries and visits are welcome.
Come and visit us to meet the team of students and staff who are making Firth Park Academy one of the best schools in our city:
- Email our Director of Learning to arrange a learning walk during the school day or a chance to meet.
- Apply for our role and see us on interview day.
Join our team and build a wonderful career in a school you are passionate about with students you love to help learn.
Check out the ‘career opportunity’ section on our website (www.firthparkacademy.org ) to find out more.
Visits to our Academy are welcome and these can be arranged by contacting Tracey Farrington, Director of Learning in ADT, on email@example.com
As the sponsor, AET believes that all young people deserve to become world-class learners – to learn, enjoy, succeed and thrive in a first rate educational environment with the best facilities, the best teaching and the most up-to-date resources available to them. In each of our academies, you will benefit from visionary, inspirational and dynamic leadership and be empowered to develop your own skills with access to world-class CPD and Talent Management programmes. You will also be entitled to the following benefits: a health cash plan, vehicle affinity scheme, childcare vouchers and Westfield rewards.
The position is due to commence in September 2017, with interviews to be held week beginning Monday 26 June 2017.
Closing date: Sunday 25 June 2017.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. For further information on this position and to make an application please visit: https://www.hirewire.co.uk/SG/1058184/MS_JobDetails.aspx?JobID=77226
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/a/aetinet.org/aetwebsite/our-teaching-school/initial-teacher-training for further details.