Would you like to work with some of the highest achieving students in the country?
If so, this leading selective girls’ state secondary school is seeking to appoint an innovative and dynamic teacher of French and Spanish with the skills, expertise and passion to inspire and encourage girls to stretch their understanding of languages at every level.
All students study French or Spanish at GCSE and both are very popular subjects at A level. As a school, we celebrate the role languages play in developing the skills required for the global workplace and our students’ future lives, by infusing the curriculum with cultural and social content.
This post would suit a well-qualified new entrant to the profession, or someone who wants to broaden his/her experiences in an exciting, high achieving context.
We can offer:
- the opportunity to join highly successful languages departments with a wide range of experience and expertise
- a stimulating and creative environment in a school where extra curricular activities flourish and teachers are encouraged to introduce new and innovative activities
- a CPD provision tailored to your needs focusing on areas of research and development
- a supportive environment where the work-life balance of teachers is proactively supported
- numerous other benefits (please see our attached information pack)
To be successful, you will need to:
- be experienced and confident in teaching French to A level and Spanish to GCSE
- be an excellent classroom practitioner who is prepared to be innovative in their teaching
- have the ability to communicate effectively with staff, students and parents
The Tiffin Girls’ School is ideally situated just fifteen minutes’ walk from Kingston upon Thames town centre and mainline station (Zone 6). For further details about our school and the role, please visit www.tiffingirls.org
Please apply using the downloadable application form which is also available on our website, or contact the school office.
Closing date: Noon on Friday 16 March 2018
Interview date: Thursday 22 March 2018
The Tiffin Girls’ School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share and support this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to both a full employment history and child protection check, and will also be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring (criminal record) check.