Tes are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and inspirational Teacher of French & Spanish on a full-time permanent basis from January 2022. Both experienced and newly qualified teachers are encouraged to apply.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an independent boarding and day school for boys aged 11 to 18 and girls aged 16 to 18, with girls joining Year 7 from September 2023. Situated in 45 acres of beautiful countryside near Henley-on-Thames, they offer an outstanding education based on small class sizes, excellent facilities and dedicated teaching staff.
The school was founded as an educational charity in May 1959. The main building of Skipwith is a fine Victorian manor house, and sits amongst modern buildings created for teaching and boarding. It boasts a range of state-of-the-art facilities, from a fully equipped gym and weights room, a recording studio, Lecture Theatre, theatre in the listed area of the Stableyard, a designated contemporary study area called the Thinking Space, large onsite sports fields that are maintained by award-winning grounds staff, a multi-purpose sports centre and an all-weather Astroturf pitch. Located on the banks of the River Thames, it has its own stretch of water providing an exceptional setting for rowing.
The school is seeking to appoint a dynamic and enthusiastic Teacher of MFL (French & Spanish) to teach across all key stages. This is a superb opportunity for a suitably qualified practitioner to join a successful department. The role would suit an energetic teacher committed to the highest standards of teaching and learning; a teacher who can inspire and challenge all of their pupils.
You will be responsible for:
● Delivering the languages curriculum (with a focus on French) across all key stages to the highest possible standard
● Supporting the stated aims as given in the Staff Handbook and the College Development Plan
● Operating within the context of a boarding/day school
● Carrying out a share of school duties and extra-curricular activities, including games where appropriate
The successful candidate:
● A degree in French or closely related subject, with excellent subject knowledge
● An ability to teach GCSE and A Level languages
● Excellent communication skills with pupils, parents and staff
● Ability to teach in line with the examination specification requirements and departmental schemes of work
● Keeping abreast of relevant curricular and educational developments
● Ability to contribute to the development of teaching and learning initiatives across the College
● An enthusiasm and ability to motivate and inspire pupils, together with setting high expectations for all pupils, to deepen their knowledge and understanding and to maximise their potential
● Good ICT skills
● A competitive starting salary in accordance with experience and qualifications
● Teachers’ pension scheme is available
● Free lunch and supper when on duty
● Free gym membership and use of the open air swimming pool (summer)
● Childcare vouchers
● Accommodation may be available on site
Don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity and 'Quick Apply' below! For more information please contact email@example.com REF KR 1478109
PLEASE NOTE: If you are shortlisted for interview, you may be asked to complete the schools application form.
Tes Recruitment Services (UK) represent Schools and Academies across the Globe, supporting them to secure a great teacher / leader for every role.
Tes Schools Recruitment
At Tes, we’re committed to supporting schools to find top-quality candidates and supporting teachers find their next job opportunity.
Tes is the market leader in search and selection for schools across the globe. At Tes, we’re committed to supporting...