Runnymede College is a private non-denominational British school in Madrid offering a British education to boys and girls of all nationalities from the age of two to eighteen. The education offered follows the British National Curriculum.
Founded as a private school in September 1967, the primary school was inaugurated in 1987, and since 1990, the whole School has been situated in La Moraleja, a residential estate 13 km to the north of Madrid.
Academic levels are high at Runnymede College. In June 2020 79% of our students achieved A-A* at A Level, which meant three of our pupils gained places at Oxford and a further 25 at UCL, LSE, Imperial College and Edinburgh. Two students also turned down places at Oxford and Cambridge to study at Yale and Stanford respectively. Most of our graduates choose to study in the UK, Spain or the US, although other destinations such as France, Switzerland and the Netherlands are also considered.
The school is looking to recruit an outstanding teacher to join their Senior School French department for September 2021.
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding, enthusiastic and inspirational French teacher with a proven track record of excellence to join our very successful department, which achieved IGCSE 94% A*-A and A level 94% A*-A in June 2020. This post would suit a fully qualified native level speaker of French with the relevant qualification, experience and approach.
Currently there are four teachers and one native language assistant in a supportive French department.
The successful applicant will have:
- a good honours degree
- a PGCE or other qualified teacher status for secondary French teaching
- recent experience as a teacher in a school in the UK
- recent experience teaching IGCSE and A Level French (we prepare the Cambridge IGCSE and the AQA A Level)
- excellent teamwork skills and be willing to collaborate on planning and resourcing
- the ability to modify learning strategies to target the needs of individual students
- high expectations of pupils’ effort and behaviour, and facilitate this with proven classroom management skills
- be organised and able to prioritise to meet deadlines
- be motivated and use initiative to contribute to success of the department
- possess valid references, and have an up to date CRB/DBS check
- have a good working knowledge of ICT systems and the application of ICT in the classroom
Other preferable but not essential criteria:
- Previous experience of an international school
Please complete the TES online application form and attach a copy of your CV.
Final date for applications- Friday 26th March 2021
Runnymede is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including check with past employers and the Disclosure and Baring service.
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years