Teacher of French
Contract: Full time, permanent position
Start date: June 2021
Salary: Main pay scale
Closing Date: Monday 5 March 2021
Our opportunity for you
We have a vacancy for a French Teacher at Landau Forte Academy QEMS and Tamworth Sixth Form, Tamworth to cover for maternity leave.
Do you want to work with resilient, eager students aged 11-16? Are you able to help young people develop academic and personal skills swiftly? Would you value the opportunity to work in a modern, vibrant town with a historic heart? If the answer is ‘Yes’, this position is for you.
About The Trust
Landau Forte Charitable Trust is a family of six Primary, Secondary and Sixth Form Academies across the Midlands. Established in 1989, our roots as a charity lie in the global finance and hospitality industries, with our founders Martin Landau and Rocco Forte. Their values combine in how our schools look after their children and young people; they aspire to a world-leading standard of innovation, entrepreneurship, service and care.
We believe a brilliant education should be central to the development of every child and young person. Their learning, wellbeing and happiness is at the centre of every decision we take and every pound we spend.
What we can offer you
- A supportive, cohesive and exciting working environment
- The chance to work with genuinely enthusiastic and happy students
- Career prospects within an innovative and ambitious Multi Academy Trust
- A meal allowance, commensurate with your working hours
- Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Healthcare Cash Plan, from Westfield Health
Landau Forte Academy QEMS & Tamworth Sixth Form
Landau Forte Academy QEMS joined the Landau Forte Charitable Trust in September 2011 and delivers education to 11-16 year olds. Landau Forte Academy Sixth Form is a purpose-built establishment providing Level 3 courses, both Advanced Level and BTEC, for the whole of Tamworth and beyond. The academies are located on a shared campus, but both operate from their own facilities, with Landau Forte Academy Sixth Landau Forte Academy QEMS | Tamworth Sixth Form 3
Form having new bespoke, accommodation, which opened in September 2011, with a new Sports Hall that opened in 2013.
The local area
Tamworth is a historic town surrounded by beautiful countryside, located a short distance from Birmingham. The Academy is located close to the centre of Tamworth, with superb transport links. Tamworth boasts a range of historical sites and leisure attractions, including: Tamworth Castle; the Tamworth SnowDome and Drayton Manor Amusement Park. Within a 20 minute drive from the town, you can find yourself in the beautiful, open Staffordshire countryside or Birmingham‘s bustling city centre.
- Tamworth is 10 minutes away from the M42, junction 10
- Direct trains from Birmingham (10 minutes) and London (1 hour 15 minutes)
- Birmingham and East Midlands Airports are 30 minutes away
Apply for this job
1. Complete the application form online at www.lfct.org.uk
2. Or send your completed application form/covering letter via email to email@example.com or via post to:
Landau Forte Charitable Trust
All appointments made are subject to satisfactory references and a criminal background check. Landau Forte Charitable Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all members of staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check is required for this post.
Landau Forte Academy Tamworth Sixth Form
- with state - academy funding
- Further Education
- Students of mixed gender, age 16 - 18 years
Landau Forte Academy Tamworth Sixth Form is a coeducational academy which opened in 2011 and was converted to academy status in August 2013. It is a part of the Landau Forte Charitable Trust. It is a secondary school with a sixth form, situated in Ta...