TEACHER OF FRENCH
Salary: M1 – U3 £25,714 - £41,604 FTE salary per annum
Contract type: Permanent, Full Time 32.5 hours per week, whole year.
Start date: ASAP
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding classroom practitioner to join the Languages Faculty at this exciting time of growth. Uniting with The Shaw Education Trust brings with it new opportunities and a wealth of resources to supplement our mission to improve outcomes for all our students. Working with The Shaw Education Trust also allows colleagues to access a large range of well-established training opportunities and work alongside like-minded professionals across a range of schools.
Teaching and learning is at the heart of everything we do and our teachers are second to none in their pursuit of teaching excellence. We expect to appoint someone who has the ability to raise student achievement for all and the desire to continually update and challenge their T&L skills.
The successful candidates will:
• Willingness to be flexible and support the school when needed
• Bring rigour and an eye for detail and experience to our ambitious school
• Be professional and approachable.
In return we can offer:
• A forward thinking and innovative Senior Leadership Team
• An open and transparent workplace that has an honest and respectful culture
• Friendly and enthusiastic children
• Caring, friendly colleagues with a strong team spirit and a positive attitude
• Supportive parents and Academy Councillors
The Westleigh School enjoys a successful partnership with the Shaw Education Trust, which is a growing multi academy trust led by an Executive Leadership Team steeped in school leadership and improvement experience. Working with the Shaw Education Trust also allows colleagues to access a large range of well-established training opportunities and work alongside like-minded professionals across a range of schools.
The Shaw Education Trust offer the following benefits with your employment:
• An excellent Local Government Pension Scheme / Teachers Pension
• Generous holiday entitlement from your first day of employment (28 days holiday rising to 30 days after 5 years’ service + Paid Bank Holidays)
• Access to health and wellbeing support via Occupational Health
• Cycle to work scheme
• Access to our Institute of Education and fantastic opportunities to help you grow, contribute and flourish in your role and in the Trust.
At The Westleigh School, each pupil can feel that they belong to a caring and supportive environment. The school/academy is committed to the safeguarding and wellbeing of students and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undergo appropriate child protection screening including a DBS check.
Please click on the following link to refer to SET Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy
Further details and application forms are available from the school website www.thewestleighschool.co.uk / www.shaw-education.org.uk/careers or by contacting the school.
Completed applications are returnable to Mr Carlton Bramwell (Headteacher), The Westleigh School, Westleigh Lane, Leigh WN7 5NL via firstname.lastname@example.org
In accordance with our safer recruitment policy CV’s will not be accepted.