Chessington School is currently seeking to recruit a Teacher of French (with some Spanish) to join our dynamic and successful school. We are looking for someone who is passionate about Modern Languages, teaches high quality lessons and really wants to get involved in the wider life of our school. We believe learning a language is very important for our students and has the potential to open doors for young people they didn't even know existed.
The successful candidate will:
- Be able to develop, plan and deliver effective and high quality learning experiences to all students
- Be either a newly qualified or experienced teacher who is enthusiastic, qualified and committed to working in pursuit of success for every child, every day.
- Be passionate about the power learning can have on the life chances of young people as well as us as professionals
Why work at Chessington:
- Our students are wonderful. They love the school, their teachers and learning.
- £30 million state of the art modern facilities in an Ofsted rated ‘Good’ school
- Fantastic support from line managers and SLT who genuinely want to see you succeed and thrive.
- A thriving Languages department with a good range of different backgrounds, roles and experience. Most importantly they are supportive.
- Excellent opportunities for career progression and professional development in a successful family of schools within the Every Child Every Day Trust
- Great support for NQTs including your own dedicated mentor, reduced teaching timetable and ‘Outstanding’ teacher programmes available
- A school dedicated to well-being. Increased length of October Half Term, workload reducing feedback strategies, Free gym membership, onsite childcare and more.
Here’s what our teachers say
“I have been at this school for 9 years and I love it! It gets better and better each year without losing the supportive and caring environment” Middle Leader
I am in my NQT year. The CPD, support and commitment I get has been overwhelming. I made the right choice” Newly Qualified Teacher
“This is the best school I have ever worked at” Deputy Headteacher
We are aware that applying for a new teaching job at this time of national challenge is strange and so we want to assure all candidates that we have put together a recruitment process sensitive to these difficulties. If you have any questions at all please contact Miss Sarah Wilson (Deputy Headteacher) on firstname.lastname@example.org and she will ensure you are reassured and informed.
Kingston upon Thames
- Mainstream school with state - community funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years